News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not Just Another Silver Girly

Started by Stretch, March 27, 2007, 07:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

This one has a big ugly Yank on it.

Happy trails!

zadok_oz

I notice the screen has a different profile from my original and handlebars. Is the screen effective? What! no wind deflectors! (or whatever they are called)
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Stretch

It is a horribly made screen.  None of the contours match up with the lines of the fairing, and the bolt holes are wrong also.

I wonder if one of the previous owners had something laying around, and modified it to sort of fit a Tiger.  

MRA is supposed to make a high-quality product, and their shields shown in various online catalogs appear to fit perfectly.

I honestly think this thing wasn't made for a Tiger.  I ran the model number through TwistedThrottle.com's online catalog, but came up with nothing.  I don't have a clue what this thing is supposed to fit.

Take a good look, 'cause it won't be there for long.   :smt003

zadok_oz

Now I can see it close up, that screen surely isn't made for the Tiger.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Silverstripes

Great choice of colour !!!!

:lol:

Stretch

And you, sir!   :smt003

Advwannabe

The shape of that screen has potential, if one could be made to fit the bike better. I like the way it more closely follows the contour of the fairing that the Triumph sports screen
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

There's a Tiger screen on eBay (USA though).  You could cut it to whatever contour you pleased...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph- ... dZViewItem

I passed on this one, as I already have a new MRA screen on order from TwistedThrottle.

chromekid01

Stretch great lookin tiger ya got there, can't wait till i pick mine up.
James Hiller

Ebay/Internet sales

Atlanta Triumph Ducati

678-904-1414

Stretch

Doooood, you've GOT to get the Triumph Off Road pipe.  Mine sounds friggin' awesome now.  :smt060

Roy called me yesterday, just to follow up on my visit to ATD.  You, Tim and Alex were great hosts as well.  Great customer service y'all have going there.

chromekid01

Quote from: "Stretch"Doooood, you've GOT to get the Triumph Off Road pipe.  Mine sounds friggin' awesome now.  :smt060

Roy called me yesterday, just to follow up on my visit to ATD.  You, Tim and Alex were great hosts as well.  Great customer service y'all have going there.

Well when i find the Tiger for me i will for sure be getting the off-road pipe for it....but finding the right pre '07 tiger is the hard part as i have a price and condition and color that i want thus making it very hard for me.

hey Stretch which direction to live from the shop cause i am thinking about a cheaha mnt. ride soon and was wondering if you wanted to come along.
James Hiller

Ebay/Internet sales

Atlanta Triumph Ducati

678-904-1414

Stretch

From the ATL, I'm to the east on 78.

You know I'd love to head out, but my weekends are truly clogged 'till July.

Working this Sat., Mom's Day Sun., Gotta be in Jonesboro the following Sat (19th), My Brother-In-Law and I are inventorying our Alaska gear the following day (20th), and the following weekend is the last chance we'll have to tie up loose ends before we leave.

In June I'll be two-wheeling in Alasker, and then back for a family reunion and a week at the beach in North Carolina.

I'll be back home July2.

(Whew!)   :smt003

chromekid01

Quote from: "Stretch"From the ATL, I'm to the east on 78.

Damn dude i am on the west side of 78 out in Temple GA
James Hiller

Ebay/Internet sales

Atlanta Triumph Ducati

678-904-1414

Stretch

Then we seem to be in opposite orbits.   :smt003

chromekid01

no worries we both own bike suited to high mileage trips...lol
James Hiller

Ebay/Internet sales

Atlanta Triumph Ducati