News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I finally succumbed..........again!!!

Started by BeefyUK, June 06, 2007, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefyUK

Hello everyone.... this is my first real post:

Yes have to admit I have succumbed as well. After some initial bad news last week decided get self out of the humdrums and look around as to what Tigers were up for sale around the country with low mileage, good condition etc.

Then I saw her... 2006 955i in Caspian Blue with 1200 (well cared for) miles with colour coded panniers, heated grips, centre stand etc being sold by her (now) previous owner and the Proprietor of Windy Corner Triumph, Roger Winterburn. His premises located just a mile from the Triumph factory in Hinckley - she was his own bike, just used lightly for RAT runs etc and only once out in rain.

It was love (or was it lust) at first sight... especially having lost my previous '03 Tiger when some kind person stole it from me about 2yrs ago. Wow she looked great... she'd had a few added touches like headlight relay added so both now come on, also Renthal rear sprocket added with 2 less teeth to improve performance - Am adding Renthal cross brace to handlebars and Skidmarx Hugger myself.

The service provided by Roger and his Team were excellent and made the whole process of buying her totally painless... even arranging to deliver bike to me on Friday (8th) in Nottingham where am now living - and this to be done by the Boss free of charge!

Am now looking to get bike on road this weekend and put a few miles on clock, with nice trip over to Matlock Bath at weekend with fish n chip meal by the river - well its traditional isn't it! Am sure won't be alone there... as normally packed with bikers of all bikes/types at weekends.

Have loved Tiger since first had '00 885i model about 5yrs ago and then the Black '03 955i that was stolen never to be seen again... hopefully a better life will be experienced with my new baby over summer and beyond?

:wave

BiggerBikersBounceBetter!

\'00 885i Tiger

\'03 955i Tiger

\'06 955i Tiger...must be addicted by now!

greg

Good for you, have fun :lol: .
2004 Girly.

JRO

1,200 miles?

As many times as I've seen that, I still can't believe people like that.  Let us know how it breaks in, will you?
JRO

2006 Tiger

zadok_oz

Tiger #3, well done.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Harley

Hi Beefy,

so far so good.

I am as new as it gets to biking, and my first bike is a 05 Silver Tiger with 811 miles on, and a pack of extra's that i picked up 4 weeks ago

I have done an additional 800 miles and loved every foot of them.

Can i ask, what improvement does a Renthal rear sproket offer (not heard of this) and also, i also like the idea of both of my headlights being on automatically all the time -chow do i go about that?

Any help will be gratefully received.

MARKC

Harley,

If you log onto TriumphTiger online you can buy the two relays needed to have both lights on.I think they are about £11. The sockets for these are behind the fairing. If you look up Chris Nearys web page on this site it shows you how to go about it.

I know quite a few people put a 19 tooth gearbox sprocket on to reduce revs at motorway speed. I did it and at a steady 80 mph the revs are around 4800-5000 where as with an 18 tooth cog they were approx 5500. It depends on what you want to use the bike for.Touring and long hauls benefit from the 19t cog

BeefyUK

Quotelike the idea of both of my headlights being on automatically all the time

It just look right with both headlights on plus obvious advantages of more light on road to see where you're going....

....one light always looks as if the bike gotta a squint lol

Anyway.... been bike clothing shopping today, due losing all old stuff in house fire last year.

Just can't wait for bike to arrive tomorow and get her out on road!

:lol:

\'00 885i Tiger

\'03 955i Tiger

BeefyUK

Well bike arrived yesterday, delivered as promised foc!!

Sorry but am just not used to such great customer service makes such a refreshing change... :D

So many thanks Roger and his team @ Windy Corner Triumph.

Anyway, fitted the hugger that had been delivered same morning from Skidmarx http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/

Cost £85.00 delivered, fitted bike a treat and only took about 20-30mins (quicker if hadn't lost allen keys!)

Then a nice rideout as planned....wow all came flooding back as to why love bike, definately made right decision though having not ridden in a while am aching abit today!

But out again soon... hey the sun is shining which is unusual in UK at this time of year!

:D

\'00 885i Tiger

\'03 955i Tiger

Chris Canning

My local dealer is 15 minutes away!!!,i'd rather go 40 miles,and also use Windy Corner.

BeefyUK

\'00 885i Tiger

\'03 955i Tiger

ChrisN

Hi Beefy,

Welcome back to the Tiger. Nice choice of colour too  8)

That's certainly a low mileage bike you found. My 06 Caspian Blue has 16,000 miles on it now and next month that will hit 20k as I'm heading off to the Alps and Dolomites.

Have fun.
Chris