News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GA/Southeast Tigers Riders Mini-Rally 7/14?

Started by burntclutch, June 20, 2007, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntclutch

I keep seeing more and more Atlanta area Tiger guys signing up here so how about a simple day group ride?

Certainly everybody would like a chance at meeting everyone in person. Sure, there is the monthly RAT stuff..but we ride Tigers, who wants to go in to the city when we've got MOUNTAINS?!?

How about the Saturday of July 14th?

I am proposing a route up to T.W.O. and then onto the Coopers Creek WLM. All pretty wide and Tourance capable. Other ideas very welcome!

Please post up even if you can't make it so we can get a better idea on how many of us we have locally.

WIDGIN

I'm game for a run that day.   :D  :D

Name a time to meet at TWO or a more local spot in Roswell or along 400.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

GatorTiger

Quote from: "burntclutch"How about the Saturday of July 14th?

Good idea!!! It seems there are more and more Tigers in and around Atlanta coming out of the woodwork! I will try to make it, but can't promise. If I get all the maintenance done that needs to get done before I leave for Montana the Friday after that I will have time to be there.

Other than that we should at least meet up some time for some grillin' and chillin'!!  :smt030

Cheers,

HG

(Snellville)
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

burntclutch

Hope you can make it!

Grillin and chillin make a good back up plan if you can't get the maintenance done in time. :)

Quote from: "GatorTiger"
Quote from: "burntclutch"How about the Saturday of July 14th?

Good idea!!! It seems there are more and more Tigers in and around Atlanta coming out of the woodwork! I will try to make it, but can't promise. If I get all the maintenance done that needs to get done before I leave for Montana the Friday after that I will have time to be there.

Other than that we should at least meet up some time for some grillin' and chillin'!!  :smt030

Cheers,

HG

(Snellville)

burntclutch

Quote from: "WIDGIN"I'm game for a run that day.   :D  :D

Name a time to meet at TWO or a more local spot in Roswell or along 400.

AWESOME! :D

We'll have to have to meet points I think. One early on 400 Holcomb or Mansell and one at the end by where Tooseys used to be....or even at 400 and state route 20 in Cumming.

Really for me I want to do whatever makes more folks more comfortable. If they haven't been up that way, I don't mind riding out a bit to meet up.

Will we be stopping for lunch? :lol:

nightowl

Sounds like a blast.  I'd be up for it but have other plans that weekend.  Pencil me in for a future ride or grillin'

Have a great ride!

Cheers

Scott

GatorTiger

Quote from: "nightowl"I'd be up for it but have other plans that weekend.

You're just chickening out because there is a chance that I'm gonna be there...  :twisted:

Admit it!  :smt066  

:flip

nightowl

Quote from: "GatorTiger"You're just chickening out because there is a chance that I'm gonna be there...  :twisted: Admit it!

I guess you're just going to have to show up and have enough fun for both of us.

burntclutch

Quote from: "nightowl"Sounds like a blast.  I'd be up for it but have other plans that weekend.  Pencil me in for a future ride or grillin'

Have a great ride!

Cheers

Scott

darn it... :(

mind comin' over sometime to walk me thru the DAR fix sometime after the ride then? 8)

GatorTiger

Quote from: "burntclutch"
Quote from: "nightowl"Have a great ride!

Cheers

Scott

mind comin' over sometime to walk me thru the DAR fix sometime after the ride then? 8)

:?: I only know one Scott on a Tiger from Atlanta... He was the one I 'thought' I was answering to. And his white Tiger doesn't need a DAR fix... Are there more of you out there????????  :oops:

nightowl

Quote from: "burntclutch"darn it... :(    mind comin' over sometime to walk me thru the DAR fix sometime after the ride then? 8)

Sure, no problem.  Late July and into August I'll have some time for a ride or RAT meeting or something.  I even have some extra DIN-12 (aircraft grade) bolts to replace broken one.

S

nightowl

Quote from: "GatorTiger":?: I only know one Scott on a Tiger from Atlanta... He was the one I 'thought' I was answering to. And his white Tiger doesn't need a DAR fix... Are there more of you out there????????  :oops:

Its seems our numbers are growing.  I ride a green '98.

GatorTiger

Quote from: "nightowl"Its seems our numbers are growing.  I ride a green '98.

Sorry for the confusion!! I humbly withdraw my post yet will leave it up for all to have a chuckle on my expense...  :wink:

Maintenance is looking good... I got fork oil and brake fluid changed. Only things left to do are chain and engine oil. I can squeeze that in during the week in the evenings...

So things are lining up for the 14th!!!   :smt023  What's the word on time? I won't be able to leave until 8 am due to something my wife has going on. TWO is about 2 hours from me...

Cheers,

HG

burntclutch

That's awesome to hear that the maintenance is going well! whew! :)

I'm in Roswell, so it's around 1:30 for me I think

As far as time goes, I'd like to give some time to avoid the squids riding off the side of the mountain.

Going to plan on being at 400 and 60 at 10am

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=34.467788,-83.968163&spn=0.10204,0.159645&z=13&om=1

Lumpkin Co. is putting the hawkeye on riders lately too...so no draggin' saddlebags. ;)

The idea is to go up 60 to TWO and take Wolf Pen Gap (180) to Coopers Creek. Ride the service roads, head back the way we came. [/url]