News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seweweekspoort, Western Cape, South Africa

Started by lihan, August 22, 2007, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lihan

Ok so we started out from town Friday afternoon on our way to Bonnivale to spend the night on my sister?s farm. They have lovely guest houses on the farm and from there one can do a day trip in the area.

Saturday morning we departed at about 7 in the morning on our way to Swellendam, Buffeljags en then turn of the N2 towards Suurbraak. Since I don?t have that much experience on dirt and had a pillion I did mostly tar roads on my way to Seweweekspoort.
Just after Suurbraak I turned left to Barrydale over Tradouwpas. Enjoyd the ride a lot more than the previous time when I cycled there.

We stopped for breakfast in Barrydale at the Country Pumpkin great place and a definite stop for any biker since you get 10% discount and free coffee if you arrive by bike. O yes and also some sherry on arrival.

From Barrydale we headed towards Seweweekspoort and passed Ronnie?s Shop

Then rescued skillie the skilpad and continued towards the poort

The bike and the pillion (Triumph Tiger and Lucy)

Was the first time I did dirt on such a size bike and with a pillion. So I deflated the tyres and proceeded with caution. The scenery is absolutely beautiful and the place is $%^&# hot during summer.

After the ride approximately 22 km per direction it was back to the R62 and putting the air back in the tyres.

From the Seweweekspoort we headed to Calitzdorp with the plan to go to Van Wyksdorp. Eventually we decided to give Van Wyksdorp a pass till the next ride.

Did I mention that it was #^%^& HOT

We continued back from Caltizdorp and turn left off the R62 to go over Garcias Pass to Riversdale. From there we visited some friends at Heidelberg and took some dirt road again to Suurbraak and back to Bonnivale for a lekker farm braai with lekker dop and chop.

In total about 560 km on the Saturday.

Stretch

Sweet!  I don't think I've ever seen another Ride Report from South Africa.  Keep 'em coming!

One question:  You mentioned the heat.  Isn't it winter in the southern hemisphere now?

CBAT

Nice report. Thanks for posting. Cheers!
Bruce

zadok_oz

Sounds like a great ride mate, except for the heat. I don't enjoy the heat much for riding, and we can cop it too.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

lihan

Quote from: "Stretch"One question:  You mentioned the heat.  Isn't it winter in the southern hemisphere now?

Quite right Stretch.

I did this ride earlier the year in February during our summer. Posted it on another local website but thought i want to share it with you guys as well.

For other ride reports in south africa and for those of you looking to meet and chat to new mates go and check out www.wilddog.za.net

cheers

lihan

Stretch

Quote from: "lihan"I did this ride earlier the year in February during our summer.

Ah, there it is.

Thanks.  :mrgreen: