News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

forks

Started by aeronca, August 31, 2007, 12:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

howdy all, question on servicing forks.?.? recently i had the worst wreck of my life,in front of my house,at a whoping speed of 4 miles per hour. all because my front end is wicked squishy( i hit the brakes, and guess the rest ). i dont have a manual, so i need to know how much and what kind of oil to put in my forks. and is there an adjustment in the botom for dampening?   thanks
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tigerrider

No adjustment available on that fork...but some add a spacer to firm up the existing spring.

I will try and find the oil info when I get home tonight...I don't know it off the top of my head. :(

aeronca

thanks brother, i really appreciate it.      :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tigerrider

From my manual:

"Oil level is measured from the top of the tube with the fork spring removed and the leg fully compressed"

Depending on Vin
Up to 43523.................130mm, SAE 10
From 43524.................144mm, SAE 10W-40

ned37

on my 95, i mixed 10 and 20 to get 15 and next time i'll use 20w
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e