News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

675 Tiger .....?

Started by lihan, September 04, 2007, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lihan

I have heard this rumor about a 675 tiger adventure bike. Anyone got any news on this?

blacktiger

Just a rumour so far but Triumph just must be developing a "Tiger Cub" because there was a bit the UK MCN recently called "The Mole". They reckon that Triumph have registered "Tiger Cub" as a trade mark or whatever they have to do to stop others from using the name.
It'd certainly make sense to have a 1050Tiger clone with the 675 engine just as they've done with the Street & Speed Triples. I'm of the opinion that it'll be in the same mould as the 1050. i.e. a road model rather than an adventure bike. Although some of us on here would like something a bit more "adventurous", I don't think Triumph see the market that way. Still we'll see because the rumour is that it might be a 2008 model and, if not, almost definately a 2009 model.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

Did Triumph's trademark on "Tiger Cub" expire since the 60's?  Maybe Mr. Bloor let it go when he reincarnated Triumph?

blacktiger

Quote from: "Stretch"Did Triumph's trademark on "Tiger Cub" expire since the 60's?  Maybe Mr. Bloor let it go when he reincarnated Triumph?

AFAIK the rights to the name expires after so many years of non use, but if no-one else has used it, then it can be registered by anyone who wants it.
I remember reading about the "Thunderbird" name, when Bloor's Triumph wanted to start using it again, Ford objected but they came to an agreement that since Fords were cars, people wouldn't get confused by the name being used on a motorcycle.

Stretch

The same thing happened with General Motors and "Bonneville".

eldiii

Check this out....same guys leaked the 1050.
Unfortunately but not surprisingly its just another street bike :cry:  :cry:

http://www.triumphchepassione.com/triumph-tiger-675.htm

Stretch

Nice open space under the seat.

NOT!

Looks like an anorexic greyhound.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Stretch"Looks like an anorexic greyhound.

Anorexic is GOOD. I want to be able to pick it up after it (inevitably) lays down for a rest. AND greyhounds are fast.

Stretch

Yeah.  But that void needs to be filled with something.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"Yeah.  But that void needs to be filled with something.

I'd fill it with something...

Or I would have, if they hadn't made it another streetbike...
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Yummy high-fiber goodness.

passthegravy

Triumph is already coming out with the 675 Street Triple, so why do they need a 675 street version of the Tiger?  They would be competing with themselves.  They need to make it more offroad capable - an adventure bike - and they would sell a ton of them.  (Well, at about 400 lbs each, that's only five of them, but you know what I mean.)

It needs to be just slightly more dirt oriented than the Wee-Strom.  Something with about the same road-to-dirt bias as the R1200GS would be perfect.  Which means it needs to have a 19" front tire in order to have a decent selection of dual sport tires.

Mudhen

Quote from: "passthegravy"Triumph is already coming out with the 675 Street Triple, so why do they need a 675 street version of the Tiger?  They would be competing with themselves.  They need to make it more offroad capable - an adventure bike - and they would sell a ton of them.  (Well, at about 400 lbs each, that's only five of them, but you know what I mean.)

It needs to be just slightly more dirt oriented than the Wee-Strom.  Something with about the same road-to-dirt bias as the R1200GS would be perfect.  Which means it needs to have a 19" front tire in order to have a decent selection of dual sport tires.

Triumph has a 1050 speed triple, so why did they need a 1050 street version of the Tiger?  They would be competing with themselves.

Same issue.

I'd be hoping for a heck of a lot more than the same road-to-dirt bias of the 12GS.  But at around 400lbs with a normal suspension, it wouldn't even be close...it wouldn't even be close to being close...

I'll keep praying.
\'96 Steamer

CBAT

350 lbs would be even better.
Bruce