News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spring Ride through Wallowa Valley and Hells Canyon

Started by Idhosam, September 09, 2007, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idhosam

This is a ride I did back in May of this year, a  group of folks who randomly decided to meet for a spring ride, so it was chosen to ride the Wallow Valley/Hells Canyon area.

Not long after we hit the gravel roads heading north

We finally reach rual grid-lock, there is bovine rush hour procceding along.

We ponder our plight

But to our folly a wee lass mounted approched and informed to move aside so she could remove this bovine grid-lock

A she goes to work

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/id ... itlock.flv

Sorry about the cross link seems the imbedding is not taking.

Soon we are on our way

We finally hit pavement some 60 miles later I decide to let the Tiger stretch it legs and on my tail is a DL 1000 trying hard to catch up approching fast then blue smoke and off the side of the raod he goes.

I must say this does not look good.

Limped into Council ID lucky bastard found his drain plugg laying in the bash plate, on with the ride.

A few miles later back to the gravel

A short break

10 minutes no one is coming so I think maybe go back down to see what happened but then he shows up...appears Triplefan had a bit of a problem on a rather sharp corner see his pannnier

Alls well and off we go, arriving in Lewiston late in the day joining up with the group, This fellow bought this bike new in 1973 and is still riding it 244,000 miles so far.

More to come I assure you, the scenery is going to get real good :D  :wink:

Idhosam

Ok, I took no pictures of the evening festivites as there was much merriment of food and injesting of barley based beverages, anyway Saturday morning the gathering at a local M/C shop whom provided donuts and coffee just as we departed the drizzle subsided.  We broke into two groups and will meet at Joesph Oregon for lunch, one group elected to take the gravel and one the pavement, since I had ridden mostly gravel coming up I took the pavement.  

Before I forget uor most gracious host. She ensured everyone had a full belly!

The gathering

Leaving Washington entering Oregon on what is know as Rattlesnake Grade

My one handed video of riding down the grade, I had to slow down to do this!

Again sorry for the cross Link.
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/id ... dronde.flv

Approching the bottom at Broggon's Oasis, I as many needed a smoke after this and I don't even smoke, but it was good for me :roll:

and onward to Enterprise-Joesph

We finally arrive in Joesph at Embers for lunch

My Lunch

and the view from my table

Post Lunch ride around Wallowa Lake

Group shot at the lake

Some shots from the other group on the gravel section...Hold on

Next, Hells Canyon

zadok_oz

Great writeup and pics sam.  :D
More great roads for the pussycat, eh? Keep 'em coming.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

HockleyBoy

Wow, great scenery. Thanks for the great write up and pics. I am extremely jealous.
 :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Stretch

My grandfather was born and raised on a farm outside of Twin Falls.  Thanks for the report and photos!