News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cold Iceland Ride

Started by Kitty, September 19, 2007, 01:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

In September 2006 I was with my Tiger on a ride in Iceland.
3 weeks and 4200 kilometres round the island (but no highland ways, this was too difficult for me because of the river crossings).

Unfortunately, after one week I had big Tiger-trouble because of a damaged ìLichtmaschinenstatorî (sorry I donít know the English translation for this word. It is an electrical part which brings power to the battery, but, in this case, it didnít).
We had to wait 9 (!) days for a new part from Germany!  :cry:

Besides this, it was a great journey through this fantastic island with its volcanoes, geysers and waterfalls. And the best of all: No traffic at all! We have been almost always alone on the roads. It was cold, yes, but, you wonít believe it: The weather was fine.
 :P

zombie

HockleyBoy

Wow, what great photos. Looks like a great place to visit for a tour.
Thanks for sharing.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

CBAT

Great pictures. Beautiful sunset. Yes, keep posting and sharing your rides.
Bruce

blacktiger

Fantastic landscapes. Thanks for posting. I'd be interested to hear how the Scrambler did because when I rode one I thought the suspension was a BIG let down.

Also, my advice to travelers is to have the phone number of a shop like Jack Lilleys who have an on-line shop and so are used to getting things posted. + 44 (0) 1784 420421 I would have thought they could have got your bit to you quicker than 9 days.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Mudhen

AWESOME photos...and nice Scrambler!!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Kitty

I think the word for the part is alternator.

Thanks for your replies!
 :D

I would like to post some more photos, but when I try I get this message:
Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 10 MB

abruzzi

Nice pics!  I've always wanted to visit Iceland.  Did you see any Elves on your ride?

Geof

Kitty

Quote from: "blacktiger"I'd be interested to hear how the Scrambler did because when I rode one I thought the suspension was a BIG let down.

Yes, the original Triumph suspension is not recommendable, but with Wilbers Suspension (front and rear) the Scrambler would be an ideal bike for bad Icelandic roads. Scramblers are very robust and stable, do not allow high speed but can go everywhere.

Quote from: "blacktiger"Also, my advice to travelers is to have the phone number of a shop like Jack Lilleys who have an on-line shop and so are used to getting things posted. + 44 (0) 1784 420421 I would have thought they could have got your bit to you quicker than 9 days.

The part wasnít available for delivery at this time! Triumph England must have taken it from a Tiger of their own stock; otherwise I had to wait two months!
I have to thank Triumph, but they werenít able to send the alternator directly to Iceland.
No, they had to send it to my dealer to Germany, then he had to send it to Airport Reykjavik where we had to go by car which lasted two days. But, someone forgot to put the package into the planeÖ these nine days were horrible.

Quote from: "abruzzi"Did you see any Elves on your ride?

No, we didnít see any Elves at all. They always hide behind rocks when they see a human being.
Thatís the reason why even Iceland people never see one. Nevertheless, most of them believe in Elves.

TRKTEK

:shock: Oh Man.......I am sooooo going there..... :D
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

06tiger

Thanks for the great! How do you like your Scrambler?

Kitty

Quote from: "06tiger"How do you like your Scrambler?

I like it very much but it is not mine (itís my husbandís scrambler, I am the one with the tiger). I would never buy a scrambler because of
1. the sitting position that do not fit for me (uncomfortable)
2. missing horsepower
3. bad suspension.
4. bad brakes

But, over all, it is a good bike, almost like a good pal.  :P

Kitty

Here are some more photos from Iceland: :P

https://fotoalbum.web.de/alben/nordlandfahrer3/ISLAND_2006

(Don't forget to click on the blue word ,hier')

wvmike

Very cool pics.looks like a greaaat ride.What year is your Tiger? Sorry to hear about alt.trouble.Great ride report  :D
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?