News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Board requests

Started by abruzzi, August 07, 2007, 01:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Use this thread to request features be added to the BBS system.  Also report bugs here.

Youtube Embedding: done
Fix Long URL's: done
import triumph-tiger.com: done
merge tt.com forums: done
more spam protection: done
fix searching: done
accurate user stats (except mine): done
move board to high bandwidth server: done
Gallery Image resizing: to do
WYSIWYG Post Editor: to do
Home button on bar: to do
Merge threads for mods: to do
add smileys: done

Geof

Mudhen

Is there an issue with the 'email when someone responds to subscribed post' feature?  I checked my profile and I have 'yes' checked off.

Thanks for saving this board, dude!

AWESOME WORK!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mudhen"Is there an issue with the 'email when someone responds to subscribed post' feature?  I checked my profile and I have 'yes' checked off.

Should work, but I'll test.  Did you check to see if the spam filter is catching it?
Edit:  tested--working here.  I suspect over zealous spam filters.  Try logginh into comcast's webmail and look to see if there is a spam folder.  The trick, if it's server side filtering, is to train it to give these emails a pass, and in the future, it should let them through.

Geof

abruzzi

also, note that search currently doesn't return anything from the old posts.  I'm working on that.

Edit:  This is now fixed and the searches should query all the posts, not just the new ones.

Geof

fano

Geof,
Is it possible to have bigger selection of Emoticons. It is not a high priority but they are fun and they give us English language challenged better way to express ourselves.  :idea:

Stretch

I second.  

One from own private stock

abruzzi

Quote from: "fano"Geoff,
Is it possible to have bigger selection of Emoticons. It is not a high priority but they are fun and they give us English language challenged better way to express ourselves.  :idea:

no problemo..but help me out.  post some ones links to ones you like from other boards, and I'll add em in. :mrgreen: Also suggest a code for them, like :squid:

Geof

Mudhen

Here are some emoticons that I've copied from advrider:  http://mudhen.smugmug.com/gallery/353703#14053950

Checked out my spam filters on Comcast (didn't even realize those were enabled - thanks!).  No deals, though.  While it is catching some junk, I didn't have any emails from here.

Any other options?

Thanks again!
\'96 Steamer

abruzzi

Are you trying it as a global setting you're profile, or are you setting it on a thread by thread basis?  This might help me debug.  I tested with global turned off, but with it turned on for a specific thread (like the attached image.  Which ever way you  have tried, try the other way.  Let me know your results.

Geof

abruzzi

Thread by thread, notification can also be turned on even if you don't post in a thread, by clicking "watch this topic" as shown below. (course you don't see those icons..they're mod stuff..)

geof

Mudhen

I don't have the 'watch this topic' link like you show.  I do on other forums, but not here.

I just tried turning off the global email replies setting in my profile.  I'll keep the 'notify me' box checked in this one to see what happens.

Thanks again!

Oh, The other thing I get a lot...is I hit the 'reply' button in a thread and it just brings me back to the forum index.  I have to navigate back to the thread and hit the reply button again...then I can get in and type my response.  And along those same lines, when I just hit the submit button to send this response, it just dumped be back here and said something about an 'invalid session'.  Maybe it just doesn't like me...

You still want to do this?   :wink:
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Hey, I now have the 'watch this topic for replies' link!

Did you do something or am I just nuts?  (or is it possible when I turned off the global setting something reset)
\'96 Steamer

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mudhen"Hey, I now have the 'watch this topic for replies' link!

Did you do something or am I just nuts?  (or is it possible when I turned off the global setting something reset)

i'm leaning towards nuts. (posted to see if you get a notification)

Geof

abruzzi

With regards to the "session timeout" thing.  If you log in without checking the "keep me logged in" box the system maintains your identity through the use of session cookies.  The have an expiry to 20 minutes.  That means that if you do not click a link for 20 minutes (i.e. you are composing a long post, or going to the kitchen for a beer) you will be logged out.

If you check the "keep me logged in" box, the cookie does not use sessions, and lasts a much longer time.  So I would reccomend using the "keep me logged in" option, even if you don't want it.  Just remember to click the logout button when you are done.

Geof

Mudhen

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "Mudhen"Hey, I now have the 'watch this topic for replies' link!

i'm leaning towards nuts. (posted to see if you get a notification)

Geof

No deals.
\'96 Steamer