News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Board requests

Started by abruzzi, August 07, 2007, 01:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

There's definitely something else weird going on.  I get no thread status (showing if there have been updates to the threads), and I don't see the 'watch this topic' link until I've clicked on 'reply' or 'new thread' or something...then I get dumped back to the main forum index.  After that I then see the thread status and 'watch this topic' link.

No biggie, though...I can live with it!
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mudhen"There's definitely something else weird going on.  I get no thread status (showing if there have been updates to the threads), and I don't see the 'watch this topic' link until I've clicked on 'reply' or 'new thread' or something...then I get dumped back to the main forum index.  After that I then see the thread status and 'watch this topic' link.

No biggie, though...I can live with it!

Ok...I think I just cleared this one up by deleting my cookies.  I'll try removing my subscription to some threads and readding them....see if that will fix the emails, too.

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

LOL!

Looks like it's working now!  Received an email notification from geof yesterday.

Thanks!
\'96 Steamer

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mudhen"LOL!

Looks like it's working now!  Received an email notification from geof yesterday.

Thanks!

I'm sure I broke something else.  :-)

Geof

Tama's Tigre

Not to be too picky, but the initial website format fit into my 15" monitor.  It's widened since the inception, and it's a pain in the ass not to be able to see it all on the screen without sideways scrolling <- -> <- -> <- > <- -> see, it's obnoxious... :cry:

abruzzi

Quote from: "Tama's Tigre"Not to be too picky, but the initial website format fit into my 15" monitor.  It's widened since the inception, and it's a pain in the ass not to be able to see it all on the screen without sideways scrolling <- -> <- -> <- > <- -> see, it's obnoxious... :cry:

The format hasn't changed.  Most likely what happens, is if someone posts a wide picture, it forces the page to render wide to accomodate that picture.  In this case, there are no wide images, so the page wraps easily.

I'm not sure there is an easy solution except for people to limit the width of their images to ~800 pixels.

Geof

abruzzi

Just an update--I haven't had much time to do board related work.  Stretch has done a great job of culling out all the tech posts from the old tiger talk archives, and putting them in the appropriate tech forums.  I've still got the to-do list at the top of the thread, and they will get done, but I've been a bit personally swamped...

Geof

nightrunner

Yes, kudos to Stretch for sorting the old posts.  This site is really taking shape.  Nice work in a short time by all the mods!

One thing I notice is that it makes me log in twice; once to post, and a second time for PM's.  Is that intentional or just me?
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

fano

Options
HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Is there a way to turn HTML on?

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "fano"Is there a way to turn HTML on?

The site I administer is run with vBulletin. For security purposes, I've allowed HTML in only one forum, and that particular one is a collection of banners, which only I can modify.

YMMV.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

abruzzi

I currently have html off due to concerns about security (with the wrong bit of code a malicious member could embed something bad.) I am open to turning it on, but tell me what you are trying to post that needs it.  The system lets me turn it on, but then limit it to certain tags-- a, i, b, embed, etc.  Tell me what tags you need to make things work.

Geof