News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Short trip to France: The Vosges

Started by Kitty, October 19, 2007, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

This October I had my first longer ride without the Tiger. The trip led us to a part of France called Vosges.
While the west part of the Vosges is flat sedimentary land (great for mineral waters), the east is closed by an old granite mountain (top is Grand Ballon, 1424m).
There is a paradise for Bikers! The weather was fine, and I had much fun with my new Versys. If you want to have a look go here:

www.fotos.web.de/nordlandfahrer2/Mosel- ... _Tour_2007

zadok_oz

I don't understand German, but there seems to be a problem with the link. :?
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bruincounselor

It's working now. Nice photos Kitty. Care to comment on the new ride?

Bruin'
Bruin\'

Kitty

Quote from: "Bruincounselor"Care to comment on the new ride?
Now I had my first long term impressions of the Versys, and I must say it is almost as comfortable as the tiger. Almost the same knee angle and pleasurable upright sitting position for a long day ride. Wind protection is even much better with the (optional) Vario Windscreen. Enough place for luggage (top case / side cases possible), and, if you want to, you can put soft cases on which is not possible with the Tiger because of its high exhaust.

I must confess I was a little bit scared of the long term abilities of the Versys, but now I know that it was no mistake changing my Tiger into a Versys. And, as I said before, I have more fun with the Versys on narrow and bad roads because of its light weight than I had with my Tiger.

But, please note, if I have not had so much oil trouble with my Tiger, I would have never changed it!  :cry:
Drive carefully,
Kitty