News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

das boot?????

Started by aeronca, November 01, 2007, 06:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

i am currently waiting for my new pair of sidi discovery boots. have any of you out there got a pair? if so, do you like or dislike them?  and most importantly, are they truley water proof/resistant? :?:  thanks     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

I don't have Discoverys, but I do have a pair of Sidi On Road boots...

They're wonderful.  Soft leather, comfy to ride and walk in, and completely waterproof.

Older models were made with Sympatex, which is essentially a European rival to Gore-Tex.  This year, Sidi started making them with Gore-Tex, shooting for better sales in the American market with the Gore-Tex brand recognition.

If they were lost or stolen, I would immediately buy another pair.

Look on eBay.  NewEnough.com frequently has overstocked and discontinued boots on eBay with no reserve.

The On Roads retail for $275, and I got mine brand new in the box for $125 shipped.

aeronca

man they look nice. i was going to mail order mine, but the local yamaha dealer said he could get them for me for $237.00 so i jumped on them. the only real concern i have is the waterproof membrane called "tepor". never heard of it.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Tepor is another European competitor of Gore-Tex.

aeronca

right on. thanks. now if i could just get the damn bike to run right, i'll be able to enjoy them.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

well i finally got my boots - there wicked nice. i highly recomend them. :wink:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TigerTrax

So... Stretch....

I wear a size 15... what are yorz?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

Euro 48.

I wear 14's, and these are a tad large, but that leaves room for thick wool socks in cooler weather.

I love my Sidi's.

blacktiger

Stretch.... Do your's have a different outsole than the one pictured above?  According to Sidi, 48 and up have a "Champion Air Sole".  The photo on the New Enough site makes it look like a completely different outsole.  Trying to figure out if the outsole is replaceable when worn out....I wear a 15, and there aren't a lot of folks making them.

Thanks,
Coleman
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

Yep, different sole than what's pictured for the smaller sizes (riders with inadequate feets )

aeronca

you know what they say, big feet - more expencive boots 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

ChrisN

I recently purchased my first pair of Sidi boots and went for the Couriers

http://www.bikersdirect.co.uk/bikersdirect/Files/710977

I'll keep you posted on how they perform
Chris

Tonto

The Courier is the U.k name for the Discovery, (U.S.A), I have had a pair for almost a year now and they are brilliant, they have saved my shins from nasty knocks a few times and the metal toe cap saved me from breaking a toe or two when I came too close to a large boulder, (the tips have gone now as they wore down to nothing), they are completely waterproof, I can wear them all day off the bike if I have to, the only bad point is they squeak and nothing I do seems to make any difference.

aeronca

you said it brother. it's been a week or so i got mine and were having the rain of the century and there good to go. breaking in well too. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!