News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

das boot?????

Started by aeronca, November 01, 2007, 06:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

I just ordered a pair of Oxtar Infinity's since I wanted more ankle protection than the Discovery's offer and less velcro than the On-roads.  But I was tempted by both of those models and may end up with a pair of Sidis if the Oxtars don't fit well.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

aeronca

well, one month and 1500 mile in some pretty haaaaaard rain, and no leaks in the discoveries. i'm sold.  oh yeah, there super sexy and they make me look thin too :P
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

There are no local places that sell mc boots except the harley dealer, so I decided to go with a non motorcycle brand that I trusted: Dr. Martens.  Many don't know that Doc's have a whole line of "industrial" OSHA boots.  So I ended up with the attached pair.  They're rated with: steel toe, water proof, electrical hazard proof, non-slip.  They where $135, but I had a 35% off coupon.  They still need some breaking in, but I'm pretty happy so far.

Geof

aeronca

dude, those look nice. doc martin's rule. take me back to my punker dayz. oi!!!! :twisted:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

wobbly

I ride all year through,have done for twenty-odd years and can say,hand on heart,that Alt-berg motorcycle boots are the best quality,100% waterproof and comfiest boots i've ever worn. I've tried all sorts but these truly are the dogs danglies. Link below...

http://www.altberg.co.uk/
2001 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange

tcbezza

Altberg Boots, I completely agree.

I have just had mine returned after a full refurb. They are 9 years old and now look like new again. The best £50 I have spent in a long time.  

The other big advantage is that if you have odd sized feet they will make boots to match so no more needing to have a thick sock on one foot !
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

RickV

+1 for the On-Roads.  I love mine.  

Went down on a slick curve doing about 45-50 a few weeks back.  The left toe hit the pavement pretty hard and probably bounced a couple times.  I didn't realize it, until I looked down at the tip of the boot.  Looked like someone took a rat tale file to it.  They completely & totally protected my toes, feet, ankles, etc. from the impact of the fall & subsequent tumble into the ditch.  

RickV

McGuiver

Anyone ever try the Diadora Express boot? Been looking at em, but not sure yet.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

Attack Pug

Boat ? theirs no boats here
Blue 1050

abruzzi

Quote from: "Attack Pug"Boat ? theirs no boats here

Yeah, that's over in the Goldwing forum.

Geof

HockleyBoy

Just got myself a pair of Oxtar Infinity boots as they were on special offer and first impressions are good. They seem well made, fit well with enough room for winter socks and fasten securely.
They should be waterproof but havent had a chance to test that yet. Will let you know how I get on with them when I have covered a reasonable amount of miles in them.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Old Desert Rat

I really like my TCX Infinity Gore Tex boots. Not as much protection as the Sidi Discovery's but I liked the fit better for my size 48EU/14 size foot. If I really plan on a lot of offroading I'll wear my Gaerne SG-10's.
KTM 400SXC
1974 CR 125
1997 XT 225
1999 Yellow Girly

HockleyBoy

That sounds good, I won't be using them off road either and they seem comfortable for all day wearing while touring. They are certainly better for walking around in than my race boots.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

aeronca

ok, time for an update. i've got about 6500+ miles on these boots(the sidi discoveries),with alot of the time in lot's of rain and cant say enough good things about them. super comfy, and really dry(no leaks any where). they work great on and off the road.truely the best boot i've ever owned. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Tigger_rider

HI All   I have had a pair of the high combat touring for 3 sets soles now, about 5 years. Best I have ever had. Heavy protection, easy on off, feel like slippers when walking. Did a 6 mile hike in them last summer down in Zion Park, no blisters. When walking, I unfasten the front flap. The thing I like most is that they are resoleable at any good boot repair. On most other boots I have worn out the sole about the time they really get comfortable. Part of being a cheap Norwegian type, I guess.    OLY