News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First time on the dirt

Started by TriumphTengu, November 19, 2007, 09:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriumphTengu

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll= ... &z=13&om=1

Got on the road about 7am and travled out FM1431 (ran up Cow Creek Rd to 1174 then back to 1431 again) to Marble Falls, then Hwy 281 to Hwy 71 where I got it up to 115 mph on 71 b4 slowing down because I couldn't see Kyle in my mirrors). and up towards Llano to Click Rd or CR-310 and yes the pavement ended and the dirt began. I dropped the front to 22psi and the rear to 27psi. It felt strange until I started to open it up and go 40 mph and it was fine as wine. No problem going thru the two low water crossings. Have'nt seen washboard dirt roads like that since New Mexico.This road runs into CR-308 where you turn left and run on down to RM-3347 or Althaus-Davis Road down to FM-1323 which you take back to 281 which took us back to 1431 and on home! A real blast!
Total miles from and back to my front door was 183 miles. The Tiger road like a dream
She's needs a bath because she is covered in dirt.
I heard a rattle on the dirt from the dash and the screws that hold the dash down rattle out. I stuck them back in with lock tite when I got home.
All in all a sweet ride
Are We Having Fun Yet?

CBAT

Pictures.....we need pictures.   :lol:  Nice wandering area. Take more time and keep heading west. Lots more dirt roads out there toward Junction.
Bruce

Patrick the Scot

FM 1431 is a kick-in-the-ass.  Scorched that one in an M3 back in the late 90's.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

TriumphTengu

Hey Patrick
You must have a lot of dirt around Lubbock?  We talk about the "dual sport " nature of the Tiger Beast.  But on the asphalt the Tiger tears them up.  Yesterday i was going up IH35 to eat lunch with my wife and there was a guy on tricked out Harley.  It looked like it could go fast.  He was wearing leather chaps and full face helmet.  I came up next to him at the light b4 the on ramp and left him eating my dirt.  I could see his headlamp far behind me!
Boy your team put the hurt on Texas and A&M this year!
Jim
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "TriumphTengu"Hey Patrick
You must have a lot of dirt around Lubbock?  

I could see his headlamp far behind me!

Boy your team put the hurt on Texas and A&M this year!
Jim

Lot of Dirt out here.  Problem is I'm nearly OCD about cleanliness of my vehicles.  So there is a problem. I have a Jeep Rubicon as well, and it is a real garage queen.  It just kills me to see my rolling stock covered in Mud.  Crazy, huh?

Anyhoo, yes there is nothing like the joy of blowing the chrome off of HD crap. Especially the Loud Ones.

And what about A&M!  What a sad state of affairs in College Stat.  I was at the game when TTU just flat kicked their teeth in.  It was awesome.  What was also note-worthy was to see the A&M fans leave early. Never was a more cultic bunch of ex-college students.  

Next year might be the year that TTU can win the Big 12 south. It just might be...
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

brad1098

How far are these roads from Temple?  Im looking for dirt/rock roads in Temple/Belton area.
02 black-Lorna

TriumphTengu

350 miles away!  This is Tejas!
Now there is a site
http://www.twtex.com/
The folks there know what it is cause they told me about the ride I took last month.
Jim
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Advwannabe

Hey Tengu,

Nice work for your first foray into the dirt.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

TriumphTengu

Advwannabe

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I would really like to take a vacation down under and ride a bike through your fair country.
Love your music.  Would like to make it to the Adelaide Guitar Festival!
I've actually seen Dave Hole once(close to twenty years ago)!  
Hell of a blues guitar player!
And I've seen Tommy Emmanuel at least a dozen times.  Kick ass picker.
Perhaps one of the best guitar players of our time. Road my old Honda Shadow Aero up to Fort Worth from Austin to see Tommy open for Doc Watson.  He got on stage with him for the last 5 or 6 songs.  Told Tommy after the show that an old mate of his, Rick Melick said hi.  Rick is playing Keybords with Joe Bonnamasa and I asked him if he ever played with Tommy or his brother Phil.  He was surprised that I knew of them.  Said that he played with Tommy in Dragon.  When I told Tommy this he had an expression come over his face of long forgotten thoughts.  
Pehaps I can buy you a pint some day.
http://www.biggeekdaddy.com/humorpages/ ... sbeer.html
Cheers
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Advwannabe

Hey Tengu,

What is it with riders and music? I'm very proud of our aussie guitarists but will always pay money to see Clapton, Benson, King or Knoffler too.

Time your visit for an Adeliade festival and we might be able to ride the Flinders beforehand. Plenty of dirt ,great scenery and not much traffic.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Patrick the Scot

Anyone know where Monte is playing tonight?

TriumphTengu

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Anyone know where Monte is playing tonight?
Yo Pat
I'm sorry I didn't see this yesterday.
Monte Montgomery played the Saxon Pub last night.
He also plays there every Wednesday.
Jim
Are We Having Fun Yet?