News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

mudhen's scrambler

Started by aeronca, November 25, 2007, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

no - desert runner. just go from cafe to cafe. or you could go over to portsmouth and stop at my fav resteraunt  "poco diablo's", if its still there. course i havent been back home in 15 years so it hard sayin whats still around back there. hey there used to be an old diner in portsmouth, like an old pull behind trailer type parked on a side street, and i remember getting off work at the shipyards and heading over there and getting the best navy bean soup in the world. you know that place?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

the diners name is gilley's. any one doing a ride through portsmouth ought to stop.     gooooood eat'in
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Yes, desert/dessert...whichever isn't the dusty dry place.

Gilley's...still have never been there.  Guess I need to add it to my 'to-do' list.

Poco's is one of our favorites, too.  My wife and I love going there on a snowy afternoon...sitting downstairs by the fire...sucking down some rita's.  Of course, summertime is nice, too - on the decks overlooking the tugs.

Rosa's used to be our favorite, before kids.  We got engaged at Molly's...Guinness and my wife - my two favorite things at the time (she's since been bumped by the Tiger :-)).  The Press Room, Hammer, Brewery, Gas Light, State Street Saloon, all still there, as well...

Let me know when you're coming back out this way - I'll make sure there's a bike for you to ride!
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

i got permenantly kicked out of the state street :twisted: . ofcourse im pretty sure they wouldnt remember me after 15 yr.- im much better looking now. we might be out there in a year or so.the wife want's to see the town i grew up in(amesbury,ma) and i want to get back up to somersworth/dover/portsmouth area. not sure when though. 5+ hr on a 737 with a 3year old aint fun. although i told my 8yr.old i would take sled'n down that huge pile of salt by the dock.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Our first house was on 150 in Kensington...so we used to go through Amesbury all the time.  I shot in a dart league out of there a few years back, too.  Amesbury, Salisbury, Merrimac, Hampton, etc.  Lots of classy watering holes on the schedule.  If you got tossed out of State Street for life it sounds like you may have frequented some of them :shock:

They've done some nice things with the downtown area in Amesbury, though...around the river/mills.  The Flatbread Pizza Co started there in 1998 and is now a chain...all natural, baked on big earthen ovens...good stuff...
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

wow, sounds totaly diferent since i was there. my brother moved out a couple o years ago and went down new hapshire way. but i still got a ton of family around the area. i love it up north though. i used to ride my '82 virago all around mt.washington area. the thing i miss most from back there is that soft drink moxie. no one's ever heard of it out here. oh well brother, you got a nice scrambler, and im still thinking about getting one. although i really dig what you did with your steamer.  side note: on you tube, type in african twin, look at the video of the polish (or what ever they are) guys drive'in around in a river.     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"side note: on you tube, type in african twin, look at the video of the polish (or what ever they are) guys drive'in around in a river.     eric

Man I love those bikes...awesome video...
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Say Mudhen, I have a bud who bought a new Scrambler just this past summer, and is looking for a big windshield for it.  He wants more protection than just the flyscreen.  

All I've been able to find online is a universal-fit MRA on Twisted-Throttle .com...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... w/933/528/

Have you any other ideas?

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"Say Mudhen, I have a bud who bought a new Scrambler just this past summer, and is looking for a big windshield for it.  He wants more protection than just the flyscreen.  

All I've been able to find online is a universal-fit MRA on Twisted-Throttle .com...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... w/933/528/

Have you any other ideas?

The only one I've seen is on 'davorallyfan's bike...(on Rat and advrider).

It's a Givi universal one....may just have to try one out at some point...
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

I saw that one Twisted Throttle also.

Thanks.

blacktiger

Do you Scrambler guys up rate the forks in any way? Only, when I tested one I thought the suspension both ends was cheap'n'cheerful.
Also, I found that the exhaust forces your right leg out when standing on the pegs. How about the Thruxton pipes? Apparently they fit straight on.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.