News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air Box Mod

Started by Chris Canning, January 21, 2004, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

If any of you guys get tempted to do the airbox mod, on the 900/955 be carefull,i found the screws when half way out decided that they'd had enough and started turning brass inserts and all,which is going to call for some drastic surgery,so i'll chaseing one from a breaker first as back up!!!

Chris

'scuse my ignorance but what airbox mod???

Chris Canning

If you take the air filter out,and look inside you'll see a blanking plate/Baffle with two duct holes in,there's German mag done test with two Tigers and the one with the mod was considerably better,even though logic tells you that the Baffle was put in to increase midrange torque,the right up is on the Yahoo board,not that one but the alternative one.

Chris

Come on Chris. Give us a clue. I can't get on the "alternative" site without knowing what "alternative" means.

Just tell us what to do with this baffle and what effect it has on performance.

Chris Canning

Better start at the begining,those of you who go on the Yahoo groups site will have found the Yahoo Triumph Tiger site which can be very good,but the pillock that started it likes you to post in a certain way,so another one was started which is Yahoo Triumph Tiger Owners,and thats the alternative site,on it is a lengthy posting,by Barrie who translated from a German mag,the bottom line is you open the two halfs of the box up and take out the plastic baffle,i'll improve response and bottom end.

Chris

Chris Canning

Sorry forgot,you want message 1994.

Chris

Found it now. Many thanks. Sounds interesting IF we can get the two halves apart!