News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

absentee landlord

Started by abruzzi, December 10, 2007, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Well, it looks like the site is still running despite my absence--special thanks to the mods for that.  I'll get caught up on various stuff soon.  I was incognito due to school obligations, I just turned in my 120 page screenplay, so I can breathe until mid january.  

I also just refinanced my house, and got enough money for a new bike.  I'm just not sure what to get.  My brother suggests a cruiser, but I usually don't like cruisers (he has a speedmaster--the one normal cruiser I like.)  So I've been thinking sport-cruiser, and maybe this bike:

Whacha think? Any other ideas? Keep in mid my current stable is a 2003 Tiger and a 2006 Speed Triple.

Geof

matt3524

I have a good friend I ride with (when we have time) and he talked about getting one of those for as long as I've known him.  It was sold less than a year after he bought it.  It was a nice bike, but the honeymoon phase wore off pretty quick.  It had several mechanical issues, one of which was an improperly installed rear wheel bearing that nearly left him stranded.  

Since Triumph blood runs pretty pure in your garage... can't go wrong with the Rocket III.  Nothing like having more engine displacement than most cars these days.

WIDGIN

I've always liked Guzzi's and second your motion.  The cylinder layout makes more sense than any other bike on the road.  Although minor mechanical issues can be a hassle, it's not like you wouldn't have anything to ride if you have a problem.  Seems like some people become fanatics on the brand.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

HappyMan

I'd love a Guzzi in my stable.  Some day.  I assumed that was the Griso?  Guzzi's don't have the best dealer support. (So I've been told)  I'm also fond of the Monster.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

noivson

Two triples and you want something even more 'different'?
Now if it were red....

but wait your already 'half a bubble out of plum'    :D

I'm envious.
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

aeronca

dude - thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

Well, I couldn't wait for the updated Griso to get to US shores, so to fill that empty hole in the center of my heart, I decided Hinckley (or Thailand) gets another spot in my carport:

It's quite fun to ride.  I also looked at the thrux and Scrambler, but this one did it for me.

Geof

aeronca

nice bike, happy new year.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

Very cool!  I can't wait to see some photos of the bike in action.  If I could afford another bike I'd really like one of these or a Scrambler but I'm afraid it's always going to be one bike away and never make it to the top of the list unless I just happen to have some money laying around.... :cry:

I'll live vicariously through your pictures! :D

Mustang

don't spend much time here http://www.newbonneville.com or you will be broke in no time !

Mustang

Is that the Bonneville in Black with an 800 cc motor ?
if it is remove the Air injection and the silly air pump from under the tank . put on some nice free flowing exhausts ( we have D&D's on our 2002 Bonnie) and woohoo ! feels like a bonneville now instead of a 350 honda ! I still like my steamer best though !

abruzzi

I'm thinking the D&D thruxton full system (2 into 1) exhaust. It sounds like a real bike with them. And, yes I spend way too much time drooling over at new bonneville and British customs. I have to be careful though, the tigger isn't finished farkling.

Geof

Mustang

the D&D's are sweet just really LOUD under a good throttle pull , just chuffing along they are quieter than most hardley ablesons, but oh yeah what a gorgeous sound !They give about a 5-10 hp boost also and the torque jumps up good also , only drawback is it pulls hard all the way until the limiter says "your done "  I think I want to get a black box that raises the rev limiter so I can really get this bonnie flyin

HappyMan

Just chiming in but I think the Bonnie should have that great sound you're speaking of.  Something about the classic bike.

Mustang

here's a pic of mine I went a little nuts with it when we 1st got it . check out the grandson he's eyeing it like" I can't wait to get my hands on that instead of this dinky bicycle"