News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVD

Started by ridin gaijin, December 13, 2007, 03:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Mine just arrived in the mail from neduro over at advrider.com. If you are interested in taking your Tiger off-road, consider this DVD.

Like many, I learned to ride in the dirt. While many of the techniques the DVD demonstrates are geared for enjoying off-road situations, the fundamentals of control will provide useful insight for any rider. The disc covers topics like

Turning
Braking
Climbing
Panic Stops
...etc.

It provides drills for each topic and would be ideal for a group of friends to go out and practice with. To me, the most interesting of the Extras features was the one on Tools. The DVD production values are very high, the writing is clear and on-topic, and the demonstrations are easy to follow. The instructor (Ned) is clearly seasoned and I found his approach confidence-inspiring. And there's some gorgeous, drool-inducing off-road footage.

I've had my Tiger off-road probably a bit more than average but certainly not in the league of some. Since I can't get to one of the clinics, I ordered the DVD to be able to work on the basics and the techniques that will raise the level of my riding. I try hard to learn something each time I ride and this DVD will definitely help. Does anyone else have this DVD? Are there others as good out there...?

Link to DualSportRiding.com

Note, I'm not involved in any way with this thing--I'm just passionate about skills development.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Mudhen

A bunch of my friends took his seminar a couple summers ago and said it was awesome.   Sounds like this may be the only way I'm going to [almost] get to attend.

Thanks for the tip!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Advwannabe

Cheers for the heads up Gaijin,

There are a few seminars available here in Oz but nothing I can practically get to. The DVD will be checked out with interest, you can always learn something.

Cheers, Russell
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180