News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger decal

Started by McGuiver, December 16, 2007, 02:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosen2002

Hey
  It's great to see an individual taking the initiative to come up with a cool looking logo ... BUT ... everyone had better be careful about copyright infringement. I say this because I am graphic designer that does some work for the Hamilton TigerCats. They are a professional football team that plays in the Canadian Football League (CFL). The tiger illustration used on the sticker in this thread is a registered trademark of the Hamilton TigerCats. I am not sure how the copyright laws work across borders, so there may or may not be an issue. ( I am thinking there is). I don't want to rain on the parade, I just don't want to see fellow Tiger riders to get into any problems.
Black 2002

Stretch

Quote from: "goosen2002"The tiger illustration used on the sticker in this thread is a registered trademark of the Hamilton TigerCats.

The head is identical...

McGuiver?  It would appear that the current design must be changed, and I request that you sell no more of the current design.  This site doesn't have the capital to withstand a copyright-infringement lawsuit.

Goosen, thanks for bringing this to our attention as a concerned fellow rider.  We appreciate the heads-up.

fano

I am not peeling mine off   :twisted:,I just finally put it on.

McGuiver

I haven't been on the site in a couple of weeks, and just found this new addition to the thread. I am sorry that the head of the Tiger turned out to be the same as their logo! I got the tiger off of some site on the net, and had no idea that it was something that was protected. :oops:  I have destroyed the remaining 2-3 decals, and appologize to all who may have been offended.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

goosen2002

If my work load slows down this summer, maybe i'll whip up something (original) that can take up the slack that the lose of this sticker creates.
Black 2002

Stretch

That's very kind of you, Goosen, thanks.

McGuiver is our sticker man extraordinaire...  no doubt, if you two put your heads together, y'all could come up with a nice 'un.

Thanks.

John Stenhouse

I'll put an order in now if that helps
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting