News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Northman

Started by zopilote, December 18, 2007, 09:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopilote

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for a great forum!
Have been lurking around for a while, but didn´t register until today...
I´m a 37 year young man from Sweden´s east coast, who have just bought myself a beautiful yellow Tiger -99  :D . I have been riding all kinds of motorcycles since i was 16, but this is my first Triumph.
I think the main reason i got interested in large "adventure bikes" was the TV-series "Long Way Round" and "Long Way Down" that were sent on BBC2. Unfortunately i don´t think i will get the opportunity to make any trips like these on my Tiger in the next few years, because of two little children at home. But anyway, i have got the tool now  8)
I have not really tried my new bike yet, mid december is not the best season for bike riding in Sweden with -5C and salt all over the roads, but i really look forward to a proper testride as soon as it dries up a little  :( .

In the meantime i will spend my time reading ALL threads in here  :roll:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

Stretch

Hello and welcome!

We have over four years' worth of General discussions and Technical articles archived here... lots of good reading about everything Tiger.

Drop in and chat any time.

wobbly

Hi zopilote,welcome to the forum.
Visited your beautiful country once on my bike, travelled overland through holland,germany and denmark into sweden over the huge orsund (?) bridge to attend a rally in ljungbyhed. Really friendly people and i hope to return again one day.
Wobbly
2001 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange

HappyMan

Welcome to the forum.  I love the yellow Tiger.  One of my favorite Tigers.  I just purchased my silver 06 and can't ride it right now either because of ice and snow as well.  I've been spending my time going through the bike and getting to know it as well as adding some accessories.  I've got to do something with my built up frustrations not being able to ride.....

Here's two of my reasons to be happy....they love the new Tiger!!  I've got two more and the oldest has already been on the Tiger and can stand it up and reach the ground as well as I can!!!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

The day I brought mine home...  I let her sit on it with the engine running so she could blip the throttle and make it go ZING!

I think she approves...

HappyMan

Those girls sure no how to tug and Daddy's heart strings.... :D

Got any pictures zopilote?

Speaking of blipping the throttle......

zopilote

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome!  :D
Lovely kids, HappyMan & Stretch! Unfortunately i haven´t got any pictures of my Tiger Yet, so i´ll post one of just the kids in company of another time consuming hobby... :lol:

Indra, the oldest one really likes the Tiger. I don´t know if it is because of the colour, but i don´t think so. Last summer, when i drove a Honda CB1300 -03 in mint condition, she compared my CB with a friend´s (quite bruised and scarred) -98 Tiger:
-His motorcycle is nicer than yours. D--n kids  8)

Wobbly: Glad you liked my country! Except for the weather, i enjoy it quite a bit too. I must say the same about UK. London is my favorite big city to visit, and i plan to bring my bike over to England and Scotland someday soon.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard Z...

One thing to read up on regarding your new bike is the crankcase breather...especially if you're going to be taking it off pavement.  There have been cases where the 885i's are dropped and end up pumping oil into the airbox, then into the #1 cylinder and blowing their motors.

Easy fix, just get a longer hose and reroute it to the other side of the bike and back before going into the airbox.

Cheap insurance.

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Advwannabe

QuoteI think the main reason i got interested in large "adventure bikes" was the TV-series "Long Way Round" and "Long Way Down" that were sent on BBC2. Unfortunately i don´t think i will get the opportunity to make any trips like these on my Tiger in the next few years, because of two little children at home. But anyway, i have got the tool now  

Welcome Zopilote.

Well now I have a reason to be grateful for those whiney adventurers: a new Tigger owner!

Enjoy the Ride, Russell
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

ridin gaijin

Welcome zopilote! (How'd you decide on that name anyway...?) You'll find the threads make for educational reading but may inspire you to lighten your wallet quite a bit. But the Tiger will be your 'go anywhere' buddy and it'll enable you to find adventure without having to go to Australia.

Since we are doing the kids on bikes thing...Here's a slight twist: Carly, gaijin girl #2 (7 yrs old at time of pic this summer), removing the housing to the drive sprocket.

2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

HappyMan

Quote from: "zopilote"Thanks a lot for your warm welcome!  :D
Lovely kids, HappyMan & Stretch! Unfortunately i haven´t got any pictures of my Tiger Yet, so i´ll post one of just the kids in company of another time consuming hobby... :lol:

Indra, the oldest one really likes the Tiger. I don´t know if it is because of the colour, but i don´t think so. Last summer, when i drove a Honda CB1300 -03 in mint condition, she compared my CB with a friend´s (quite bruised and scarred) -98 Tiger:
-His motorcycle is nicer than yours. D--n kids  8)

Wobbly: Glad you liked my country! Except for the weather, i enjoy it quite a bit too. I must say the same about UK. London is my favorite big city to visit, and i plan to bring my bike over to England and Scotland someday soon.

I'd say you've got a picture of two of your Tigers right there!  They've even forced the dog into a submissive pose!!  I bet those little tigers cost more than your two wheeled one and I'll bet they're way more fun too!

Jacqueslemac

Hello and welcome. I took a trip through Holland, Germany and Denmark to get to Borlange in Sweden last Summer. I came back via (almost) the Arctic Circle (due to lack of time), Norway, Denmark, Germany and Holland.

It was a great trip, even though I was in a four-wheeler. I'm itching to go back to Sweden and Norway (I'll skip the boring bits getting there next time) on my bike. It's got 50 per cent more cylinders than my other vehicle, 50 per cent more ccs and about three times the power!

Sweden must be great for biking - lovely, quiet roads with great views and opportunities to camp everywhere. Mind you, I didn't spot a single Ulrika Johnson look-alike.

zopilote

Well, when you have a dog that weighs three times as much as your biggest child, you have to make sure she has the lowest rank in the family  :wink:  Even the cats are higher in rank here, but the dog seems quite happy anyway...

Yes, the little tigers cost quite a lot, especially now when christmas comes. But they are worth it.

Advwannabe: Do you think Evan and Charlie are whiney? Then you haven´t seen the Swedish version of the program, where three swedish biking legends (Varg-Olle Nygren, Posa Serenius and Ove Fundin) made almost the same trip from Asia to Sweden.

All they did the whole trip was whining, complaining and arguing...

That picture was nice Gaijin! But why the rubber gloves?  :D
My oldest girl (4 years) always wants to join in when i wash or service my motorbikes. Either she gets a screwdriver and "helps" me, or gets her bicycle and starts washing that too.

tigerrider

My favorite part of Long Way Down was when they came across the older married couple that when hearing about their journey replied, " Oh how nice...we did that same tihng 20 years ago."

:lol:  :lol:

aeronca

hej da, hur gar det. trevligt att tra ffas/ welkomin  :D   post some pic of sweeden. i'd like to get over there one of these day's.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!