News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, February 13, 2008, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

For you boys who like over weight off roaders with spindly tyres, :cry: looks like all your birthdays going to come all in one go,Yamaha have a new 1200 twin coming and Triumph are supposed to have an off road version as well in the pipe line.

aeronca

any pic's? where did you hear about it?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

blacktiger

Quote from: "aeronca"any pic's? where did you hear about it?

No real pics, just a computer generated approximation of what the 1200 Super Ten might look like. i.e. the same as the 660 Tenere.

It was in the British "Motor Cycle News". Which included firm rumours (if such a thing exists) That Triumph has an off road Tiger1200 on the way. Aprilia has something "over 750" on the way. And KTM are to upgrade the 990ADV to 1190cc.

Of course, we're all still waiting for the 675 Tiger Cub. Had a go on a Street Triple the other day. WOW! What an engine. HEY, TRIUMPH, YOU LISTENING? WE WANT THAT ENGINE IN AN OFF ROAD CHASSIS FOR £6000.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aeronca

cant seem to find the article. is it motorcyclenews.com? would love to see the yamaha.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

wvmike

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Yamaha have a new 1200 twin coming and Triumph are supposed to have an off road version as well in the pipe line.

Are they coming to the US? This is good news as I was getting ready to pull the trigger on an 08 GSA. If I can find info,may hold of for the big triumph
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

zombie

Stretch

Would you be so kind as to zoom in on the Triumph portion, please?   :grnb

Chris Canning

It says Triumph are working on a new version of the 3 cylinder Tiger,but unlike current offerings will be aimed at the serious off-road riders.
Expect it to be launched within 2 years and to feature the new generation triple engine around 1200cc with real offroad tyres.

JetdocX

The world does not need ANOTHER 1200cc dirtbike.

How about something in the 8-900cc range? :evil:  :x
From parts unknown.

aeronca

i hear you jetdocx, why the super huge pigs?  i was down ye ol' sicle shop the other day and they said they were selling the wee-strom like hotcakes. come triumph - get a freakin clue. some times bigger aint better.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TigerTrax

The world may not need the MORE CUBES....
but we Americans need all the CUBES we can get!

We don't ride to the store...... We haul ass for 5 days... then come home!

How many 600 hp ZO6 Vettes will GM sell..... Plenty!

The world is coming to an end..... burn all the gas you can!

Our Global Warming is about to freeze my ass off!~
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

aeronca

in that case, i'll take a BossHoss -  with off road tires thankyou very much. :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Bullshit!  I take my Tigger to the grocery store all the time.  And to work and on adventures.   :roll:
From parts unknown.

eatalotapeaches

I'd be interested.  Of course I would prefer a lighter more manageable mid-weight, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k

Stretch

Unfortunately for those of us over 6'6", bikes with smaller engines do not usually translate into tall, long bikes.

I need a big bike.