News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, February 13, 2008, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"Unfortunately for those of us over 6'6", bikes with smaller engines do not usually translate into tall, long bikes.

I need a big bike.

Then get a XR650R or 640Adv you huge bastard!   :lol:

I'll be happy with any off road Tiger.  But I'd be happier with a 675 based one...
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

oh yeah, well i want a 676.  but really a 675 would be the perfect switch. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Stretch"Unfortunately for those of us over 6'6", bikes with smaller engines do not usually translate into tall, long bikes.

I need a big bike.

But those bikes are a horrendous pain in the ass to ride for days on end.

My 955 is perfect for whut it iz... a comfy days-long tourer capable of exploring unimproved roads once you get there.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"

I need a big bike.

My 955 is perfect for whut it iz... a comfy days-long tourer capable of exploring unimproved roads once you get there.

Have you ever owned a GS?
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Wouldn't an adventure oriented new Tiger be closer to an HP2 than a R1200GS Adventure?

What's the new Tiger weigh?  400lbs?  Crikees...this thing should KICK ASS!
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Quote from: "Stretch"

I need a big bike.

Have you ever owned a GS?

In my pre-Tiger days, I lusted for one, but reading about all the reliability problems talked me right out of it.

flux

Here goes Triumph again...increasing engine displacement just to satisfy us dumb Americanos and our small penises.   :roll:   Anyone remember Bonneville 750's?  Best marketing experiment of all time.  

Personally, the 955 puts out more power than I am sure I will ever be capable of using to its full potential.  Why a 1200?  KTM and Triumph need to be ANTI Bimmers and this is not the way.  Hell, even BMW makes an 800 now, which I suspect most 1200GS riders should be on in the first place.  Anyway, seems the Triumphs are boatloads more reliable than the 950's or the GS's.  Not to mention a used one at a fraction of the cost.  

PS- being new to Triumph, where can I read more about this rumored Tiger Cub?  Sounds interesting.

aeronca

Quote from: fluxHere goes Triumph again...increasing engine displacement just to satisfy us dumb Americanos and our small penises.   :roll:   were you peeking :oops: all kidding aside, i totaly agree
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

I was putting my money down on an 800GS when I decided to buy the 955.  My point being that I was not looking for a bigger bike but smaller.  The 955 was smaller than my 1100 but still bigger than what I was looking for.  I did not buy the 1050 either.  Again, I was looking for smaller and lighter.  While the Tiger isn't too close to that for me it was still a better choice than the 800GS that is still not available.  If Triumph put out a smaller displacement bike I would buy it.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

flux

I bought the 955 b/c I wanted a bike I could comfortably do 2up touring with my wife one.  Also, I didn't have the $10K it would take to buy a decent used 950 and at more than half the price the Tiger is working out great...I cannot get over how SMOOTH this engine is.  Still, I think most people in this country have this 'keeping up with the Joneses' mentality which is unfortunate.

eatalotapeaches

I have learned in life the Joneses' are usually broke, dumb, and have no sense of style.  

+1 for a MID-size bike.  I need something my scrawny butt can pick up by myself WHEN I drop it.
2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k

blacktiger

Quote from: "eatalotapeaches"+1 for a MID-size bike.  I need something my scrawny butt can pick up by myself WHEN I drop it.

I agree. The 955 Tigger is too heavy, especially with a full tank of fuel. The BMW boxers have an advantage there. They only fall over half way because the cylinders act as supports so you only have to pick them up from a 45 degree angle. They're just getting too complicated for real round the world stuff.
So, come on Triumph. I/we want a simple, light, off road capable 675 Tiger with a 21" front wheel.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Stretch

zombie

nor I cos what I have is damn near perfection personified in a two-wheel transport thingy way, or in other words a very nicely sorted bit of kit