News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, February 13, 2008, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Your answer is better.

Mudhen

I don't want one, either.

I NEED one.
\'96 Steamer

CBAT

Even if I never get one, they can't let BMW rule the class. It would be sweet to see Triumph outsell them in the mid-weight adventure bikes.
Bruce

Mudhen

I wonder what the new 690 Adventure will be like...it looks like it at least has a more reasonable seat height.

But will it have the power.
\'96 Steamer

Bear

Me I'm 6'4" and love my Tiger 06.
Wife "Runt" would love a tiger cub, if the 675 motor is any thing like the Street Triple then it would be a formidable fighter on and off road.
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

aeronca

i freakin got it - how about two.  a 675 and a 1200. what the hell, there's a v and a wee strom, a 650 and 950 adventurer, so why not a tiger and cub? hey lets wish big.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"i freakin got it - how about two.  a 675 and a 1200. what the hell, there's a v and a wee strom, a 650 and 950 adventurer, so why not a tiger and cub? hey lets wish big.

Now that sounds like a party to me!

Canning will still bitch...by the time those bikes come out he'll be using 15" rims front/rear.  (only goofing, Chris! )

Aren't we always a couple generations behind the rest of the world here in the US?  I've always wanted everything you guys had over there (except gas prices, I guess).  We're finally getting into Mini's/MINI's, finally getting into adventure bikes, heck, we're even finally getting Beckham - but it sounds like you didn't want him anymore anyway...just like adventure bikes...
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

Ayyyyyyyyye...
Most of ya miss the point....

It's not the small seat or frame that's a bitch....

I got no place to put me size 15 FEET!

I can restum on the pegs.... but Im brakin and shiftin at the same time..

It's a Bitch I tell ya!

Think I'll put some skates on me boots and letum hang down on the road!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

2004Tiger

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Ayyyyyyyyye...
Most of ya miss the point....
It's not the small seat or frame that's a bitch....
I got no place to put me size 15 FEET!
I can restum on the pegs.... but Im brakin and shiftin at the same time..
It's a Bitch I tell ya!
Think I'll put some skates on me boots and letum hang down on the road!
I'm in the same boat...er, boot. I had to re-bend my 2004 shift lever, make it longer, to get my boot under it. I like the 2007 for its road qualities but I would have to cut and weld the lever to use it.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

blacktiger

You see, what I'm getting at with wanting a smaller, lighter bike is that when you want to go adventure touring properly, you don't want the bike starting off weighing in at 200kgs BEFORE you load on all the crap you have to take. Plus, as I get older (than my 52 years now) I want to be able to pick the 'effin' thing up after it lays down for a rest.
I too wonder what the new KTM690ADV is going to be like. The 640 was just too tall for mere mortals.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

Don't know what the 690 will be like but the 950 I rode recently was horrible. Way rougher than the Tiger, seat too high for my 5'9" frame, vibey with a saddle that felt like a thin narrow brick. Lots more poke though, engine was very quick compared with the Tiger.
Shan't be swapping my 855i yet.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting