News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oh no, not again!

Started by abruzzi, February 25, 2008, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Wow!  Lucky you are, man.  Heal up quickly. :(

FWIW, if the tank was bashed and leaking gas, I don't think the nearer guy would be smoking. :shock:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

Quote from: "JetdocX"FWIW, if the tank was bashed and leaking gas, I don't think the nearer guy would be smoking. :shock:

Pheh.  You'd be amazed at the idiocy of the general populace.  Man, the stories I can tell...

But maybe it's something as simple as a punctured radiator hose, and the wrecker driver isn't so dumb.   :doubt

eldiii

Glad your ok Geof....jackass drivers suck!

eldiii

Ed

cascadetiger

Don't tell me, the truck driver was talking on a cell phone and came over into your lane.  

Get well soon and we're glad it wasnt any worse than it is.

HappyMan

You will be missed Geoff.  I'm glad you're o.k. and the healing is beginning.  Sorry about your bike, that really sucks!!!  I hate the average cager morons!  Don't get me started..... :evil:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

katoomon

Geof,
There goes the parade wave, very good to hear it was not worse.  That sucks heavily, I hope that you have better days, and that man and beast ride again soon.

Is that the numb nut changing his front tire?  It appears he is on the wrong side of the road.  I take offense when I see other drivers not able to hold their line; even when pedestrians, bicycles, and motorcycles are not threatened at that moment.
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

ridin gaijin

That fucking fucker!... Let me know if you need anything. What with being just up the road from you.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

flux

Never like to hear things like this.  I actually can't believe it wasn't worse getting hit head on like that.  You should consider yourself very lucky.  So, what was he doing in your lane?  I am gonna guess making a pass.  People are so damn impatient it irritates me to no end.  I drive for a living and get aggravated at the morons who think their shit is more important than everyone else's.  Hell, most of the time it is people who are in a hurry to get to work, somewhere they don't even WANT to be...and they are ready to DIE to get there.  Insanity.

Sorry, rant over...heal up quick as you can.

paulie

Geof, very sorry to hear about this. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

abruzzi

I was poking along in my lane and he swerved over an hit me head on.  He was dead center in my lane, the only reason the damage is on the drivers side of his truck is I tried to get as far out of his way as possible.

I can definitely say that Thunderbike saved my left leg.  (see attached photo)

I got the results of the MRI back today.  They suspected a hairline hip fracture, but that didn't happen.  I feel amazingly lucky to have survived a head on collision with only a fractured collar bone.

Close up, I'm suspecting the bike might be toast.  (Which means I might be in the market.)

Thanks for all the kind words.

Geof

Mustang

Those thunderbike bars are the best you can buy for saving your bacon .
I am impressed and you Geoff were riding with an angel that day for sure .
Your right on the bike though insurance is gonna total it

steammoto

Glad you came thru relatively whole and intact.

How much of a role did your gear(ie boots, jacket,gloves) play in saving your bacon?

Heal up fast
1995 Steamer Diablo

abruzzi

Quote from: "steammoto"How much of a role did your gear(ie boots, jacket,gloves) play in saving your bacon?

Let's just say the helmet is toast--cracked and visor ripped off.

The collarbone fracture seems to be the result of hitting the groung with half of me on a sidewalk and half on the street and the curb jabbing my shoulder.

I think the real ass saver (other than the helmet) were the TB crashbars.  If they weren't there, my leg would have been pinned between the bike and the truck, and the rest of me would have impacted the truck at 50mph (25+25).  As it was the crash bars allowed me to essentially be thrown clear, so I impacted the ground at 25mph--much less damaging.

When I get set up with a new tiger, TBor Ma's are going on there.

Geof

McGuiver

Holy shit Geof.........I've been away for a couple of days, and I just found this thread. Man, I'm glad you are doing well.........sorry bout the bike!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

abruzzi

If they total it, I'm thinking of going steamer.  Something like:

I love the look of steamers, and if I get a good enough deal, I may also pick up a KTM 640 available locally.

Geof