News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oh no, not again!

Started by abruzzi, February 25, 2008, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

Damn, damn, damn.  You are one lucky pup.  Great to hear that you suffered relatively minor damage.  I too think that your old steed is likely toast.  Although I ride a Girly, I like your thoughts of a Steamer and 640.  I agree that they're both desirable bikes.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"

Geof
:iagree put a Corbin seat on it and yer good to go ! I have always lusted after the Blue Steamers

JC57

I'd not checked in for a few days and am just now seeing the carnage.
Wow that sucks! Glad to hear you are OK Geof.
Speedy recovery to you! Steamers are cool!
Jeff C

aeronca

wow, wish you were closer, im thinking about getting rid of 95' blue steamer. full set of givi luggage,heated grips,suit plug in. lot of mile inbetween us though. hope your doing well brother, you take care.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

Quote from: "aeronca"wow, wish you were closer, im thinking about getting rid of 95' blue steamer. full set of givi luggage,heated grips,suit plug in. lot of mile inbetween us though. hope your doing well brother, you take care.    eric

You never know.  The one I posted is in AZ, so very convenient.  But it could be gone by the time I sort things out...then again, yours could be gone too.  None the less, post a pic if you get a chance or email it to me.

Geof

aeronca

i've got to sort out the coil issue, but it's a nice runner. take a look at  the steamer gallery :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

n4naked

hi, geof

i've been off-line for a while and just saw this....sorry to hear about the accident.
hope everything works out well for you both health-wise and bike-wise.
how long does a broken collar bone lay you up for?

willie

curt

Wow Geof,
Haven't been around much, just saw this post. Glad your ok and on the mend. Bummer about the bike, but it's good to see your lookin for a  ride. Heal fast.
curt
So many roads, so little time

katoomon

Quote from: "abruzzi"If they total it, I'm thinking of going steamer.  I love the look of steamers, and if I get a good enough deal, I may also pick up a KTM 640 available locally.

Geof

The KTM will vibrate like you don't remember, and may put your hands to sleep.  Silly laugh out loud fun though.  If they total your bike, the 955i motor would make an insane shifter cart :shock:
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

Advwannabe

Hey Geoff,

I've been at sea while all this is going on (you can view but not post in the RAN).

So glad you came out of this o.k. The steamer is a good plan, great looking bikes. It'll be a shame if your bike is totaled but being able to walk away and feel the way you do now is priceless.

Just hope the lesson for Mr blind overtake sinks in

Russell
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

abruzzi

Quote from: "katoomon"The KTM will vibrate like you don't remember, and may put your hands to sleep.  Silly laugh out loud fun though.  If they total your bike, the 955i motor would make an insane shifter cart :shock:

I used to own a Royal Enfield thumper.  It didn't so much accelerate as the thumping got faster.   :)

I found a barely used 2006 in Ohio that I may jump on.  I'm still mulling.  This would have to happen before the insurance makes a determination, but even if they repair instead of total, havng my Girly back and a 640 ADV isn't a bad thing.

Anyone in Ohio want to ride a KTM out to New Mexico?  I'll fly you back...Actually for a borderline new bike the price is pretty decent even after you factor in the MC shipping cost.

Thanks to all for the kind words.  

Geof

abruzzi

I should add--My first major motorcycle accident was on a single (royal enfield)  my second was on a twin (Speedmaster)  now my third was on a triple.  Since I'll likely never own a four cylinder bike, I may be safe.  Or, it may hit my VW...

Geof

pit0rz

I'd be happy to fly to Ohio, ride the 640 back to NY to bike sit until you're healed.  Then I'll ride it to you and... nevermind, my wife just smacked me.  :shock:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

HappyMan

Quote from: "pit0rz"I'd be happy to fly to Ohio, ride the 640 back to NY to bike sit until you're healed.  Then I'll ride it to you and... nevermind, my wife just smacked me.  :shock:

Ahhh yeah....the best laid plans of mice and men are often foiled by gettin' smacked by the wife.  :roll:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

zombie

Heal up Geoff
really glad your still with us mate..
all the best