News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger, 05,06 and 07 alloy wheels?

Started by oldrider, February 19, 2008, 04:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrider

Have any of you who have Tigers with alloy wheels, had any trouble with rims being bent or dented?

I have heard of a few but have only actually seen two.

One has just visited me and his front wheel had a dent in the rim on the front wheel. (one side)

I was telling a friend about it when I noticed a slight dent in my back wheel rim! (one side only)

I do not consciously remember hitting anything hard enough to have any concerns about wheel damage, neither did my visitor of yesterday.

Has anyone else out there had any of this sort of problem? Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

John Stenhouse

Posted this query myself on the T595 forum. I've not seen any dented rims, but I am planning a trip to Alaska later this year and was wondering wether the 955 '06 Tiger which has alloy wheels would stand the gravel roads up to Deadhorse and Inuvik?

I know my 885 which has the spoked wheels was OK to get to the top of the French alps off road but seeing this makes me wonder about the alloys.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

Zombie, SnakeBasket, and BigDon each rode Tigers to Deadhorse, and my Bro and I did it on rented V-Stroms... no problems with bent and dented rims.

It is a rough road, though.  You may want to take a couple extra fork seals with you, in case you blow one on the Dalton, like my Strom did.  Having the seals with you will reduce your down time... you'll be able to have them replaced at any shop.

John Stenhouse

Thanks Stretch I will add it to the list of stuff to take
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting