News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Yellow Girly, what colour?

Started by V.DUBBER, March 02, 2008, 10:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V.DUBBER

Hi all, ive got a yellow Tiger, reg 1999-2000. Ive just had some paint mixed in what I thought was the right colour IE Lightening yellow. I was going to respray my newly aquired panniers. However the paint isn't the same as my bike. So is the paint wrong or is my bike not Lightening yellow? My bike is the same colour as the yellow one on this brochure. http://www.ridetriangles.com/pdf/581/211809.pdf
Does anybody know what yellow this is, or even better the paint code?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Stretch

Just so you know, I deleted the duplicate thread from 'Girlies'.

V.DUBBER

No probs, thought it was better here, as there may be 'somebody in the know' that dosn't own a Girly! Also got a pic off the same colour here: http://www.freewebs.com/cuevamarjeric/r ... silike.htm I was sure it was called Lightening Yellow!

TigerTrax

It's called Urinal Yellow....

You mix: 1 part saliva; 2 parts water; 24 parts light ale.

Wait 2 hours; Fill can; Wait 2 hours, fill can; Wait 2 hours, fill can;
Stir and spray.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

Yep, Lightning Yellow.  1999 and 2000 Triumph color, code L2590, Manufacturer IVC.

Can't explain the shade variation, though.  Maybe the paint shop's formula (recipe for that code) is wrong?  Just guessing.

V.DUBBER

Yeh its more like tiger traxs version, paint code P155. Sounds like ill be contacting my paint suppliers... What ive got is more of a goldy yellow with a bit of a green tint, a sort of septic knob leek colour, if that makes sense. Thanks guys.

Mini Mo

I had the same issue trying to figure my yellow also. I to have a '99 with Lightning yellow. I found that out for sure by contacting my Triumph dealer and giving him the VIN#. He looked it up and that's what came up. Also the best thing to do is to bring one of the side panels with you when you order the paint. If it's decent paint supply shop they can basically scan that panel and match it exact. Good uck
1999 Tiger
2006 KTM 450 EXC
1971 Honda CB750

V.DUBBER

Hi Mo, thanks for that, ive done exactly that today, ill let you know the result soon...........

Stretch

Quote from: "Mini Mo"If it's decent paint supply shop they can basically scan that panel and match it exact. Good uck

If the piece is flat (not curved), a non-metallic color, and a color that's in their database.

I went down this route trying to match up Lucifer Orange for a project.  No joy.