News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Short Hundy on the Steamer

Started by JetdocX, March 10, 2008, 03:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

We are having such nice weather this weekend, I had to take the Steamer out.  I left mi casa in SW Reno and headed to Pyramid Highway, which eventually dumped me out at Pyramid Lake:

It was an unusually clear and surprisingly warm (mid fifties) day.  Here is a shot of one of the many picnic pullouts around the lake.

This entire lake is within the Pyramid Paiute Reservation.  Everything is primative.  I'm surprised some of the roads are paved.  This is not necessarily a bad thing if you want to keep the prisine look.  That is until you get off the road and the ground is littered with broken bottles.  Sad.  I remember the no litter campaign in the 70's with the crying mounted Indian.  I don't think he lives here.  Shame.

I went toward the north end where the pavement disappears to see how the new suspenders handle the dirty sections and washboards.  I found no washboard....yet.  There will be later in the season, but someone must have graded this road recently:

The cool thing about living around here is the complete isolation you can find yourself surrounded by in a mere 45 minutes from downtown.

Closeup of the Pinacles (off limits to roundeyes) camera on full zoom:

Looking west:

If I had started earlier, I would have taken this road to Gerlach and the Black Rock Desert, but since that destination was 90 miles of this road away, I decided to turn around and head back south.  I stopped and snaped a few shots at the south end of the lake including this gratuitous self portrait:

Looking south:

And my favorite artsy shot of the day:

Thanks for coming along.
From parts unknown.

HockleyBoy

Looks like a good place to ride, some excellent pics.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

CBAT

Way to go! Nice to have a place nearby to get away to.
Bruce