News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I got my 1st Tiger

Started by wuff, March 23, 2008, 12:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wuff

Hello all. I just got my 1st Tiger 06 955i with 4500 miles on her. Just so happens to be my 1st bike in 15 years as well. Haven ridden for a while. Does anyone have any advise for me on the 06 Tigers. I have never owned a Britsh bike before.[/img] I look forward to many miles with her. We as long as the wife says it is ok lol. Thanks all and Thanks for a great forum.
No matter where you are, You are there.

wvmike

Great lookin bike.Only real advise I have is to put mirror extenders on.Other than that,she's a beauty :)
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

pit0rz

Welcome!  Congrats on yournew ride, she's a beaut!  All that bike needs is MILES!  (mine too) (patiently waiting for decent weather!)  :D
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

HappyMan

Ride, ride, ride that thing.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TigerTrax

It may be British....

but you still ride on the right of the centerline!

See you June 19-22 in Davis, WV   Eastern Tiger-Ride-In
Blackwater Falls

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Advwannabe

Hey Wuff,

Great looking bike, hope you enjoy it. My 2c.....

Checkout the gear and accesories threads to find the screen, crashbar, handlebar risers and any other farkles that may be useful to you.

Be careful at low speeds and pusking Tigger around in the shed for the first few weeks. She's top heavy and many of us have discovered this the hard way.

First bike in 15 years? Go and do a riding course and some track days. Educational and you'll love it.

Ride the thing! And tell us how you're getting on.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

wuff

The previous owner is the owner of the Triumph dealership, so alot of things have been done already. It has the higher screen on it already, the Triumph off road exhaust, a BMW power port and a battery tender port on it already as well. I want to add crash bars for sure and maybe bar risers. I am 6' 3" so anything to bring them (the bars) up and back a little more would be nice. Looking into the rider safety course here. There is a long waiting list but is def. at the top of my got to get it done yesterday list.
One problem that I am having is finding a place here in the states to get the crash bars without breaking the bank. Any leads ?  Thanks everyone for the nice replys and I look forward to see you on the road. Anyone close to Asheville NC?
No matter where you are, You are there.

John Stenhouse

Crash bars aint cheap, you can get them for £79 in the UK but the cheapest I've seen are Touratechs.

Jack Lilley or Motec in the UK, Touratech or Ma's in the US
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Yukon

I know you will enjoy your new bike.  I bought my tiger in December of 2006 and it too was my first ride in about 15 years.  As mentioned above the bike is top heavy, but you will adapt.  I don't live in your area but I make it down there about once year.  I previously had family that lived in the Boone, NC area.  It's a great place to live and even a better place to break in the Tiger!

TigerTrax

BTW -
If you have the will power.... I've done 1147 in one day on my '06.

Actually my butt did about 750 and mind over matter did the rest!

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

stopwatch

You've got yourself a great bike, but crashbars should be your first purchase... ASAP. My Tiger has Thunderbike crashbars...they are EXTREMELY strong. I live 30 miles east of Knoxville, TN. I usually ride around the areas adjacent to the Smokies. Give me a holler sometime. Maybe we can meet on the Blueridge Parkway and do the Cherohalla or the Dragon.