News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride around the Block

Started by Mustang, April 22, 2008, 09:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Get your  :new_popcornsmiley  ready , I am in California right now after six days on the road and a bunch of states .
Can't post any photos yet , this isn't my computer .............
I am about 1/3 of the way done , 3650 for mileage so far and the steamer is running good ! Knock on wood  :shock:  :D

Spending the day in LA tommorrow and doing some tigger maint , looks like I need a new chain , WTF , how can a vstrom make a chain last for so long . I am just a chain JINX i guess . Oh well the 17 tooth front is going bye bye and an 18 going on , should help the gas mileage .

Wednesday is up the Pacific Coast Hiway then turn east and head to my brothers in Cheyenne then home to NH .

Awesome ride report to follow in a couple weeks after I get back home . :eusa_dance

The Maxxis tires are great as far as pavement , rain , gravel and dirt are concerned . the front is wearing like Iron and shows no wear ........the rear well let's hope it holds up for 4500 more miles !

wvmike

Great. Waiting for pics and maint. report. keep the rubber side down and hope ya have good weather all the way
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

Stretch

Looking forward to it!

Mustang

OK just checked out the chain ...................oops it's screwed! Wait till you see the pics  :shock:
Good thing I am in LA , my cousin is going to take me to a cycle supply house today for a new chain for tigger and I will put the 18 tooth front back on today , that should help mileage .

Here's a teaser for the ride report 50-60 mph gusts of wind for two days straight . Headwind that had the steamer down to 30 mpg. And got completely blown off the road not once but twice from wind gusts . Had to lean left for 750 miles just to go straight ! :shock:

won't be anymore posts for a week or so  :(  .......................stay tuned !

CBAT

All ears. Stay safe.
Bruce