News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger in death Valley?

Started by DirtBiker, April 24, 2008, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtBiker

My son and myself just went on our first adventure. Four days and 1300 miles.
Day one.
we were blessed with warm and clear weather.

Day two.
still great weather and the adventure begins 100 miles of pavement and 100 miles of dirt (loaded to much on my bike)

Day three.
started with fair weather road  50 miles dirt 100 miles pavement. Then the winds kicked up. We anded up haveing to ride back about a hundered miles with blowing sand, 50 mph cross winds and temps at 105 F.

Day four.
could not sleep the whole night tent was bouncing all over the place. got up at 5 AM packed up and left for better weather. The weather never got better Same 40mph winds with gust at 60 mph. and cold!
12 hours later we were at home. to bad we cut the trip short but all in all we had a blast! Started planning our next trip already we're think the Dakotas.
So here's a few pics.
  Loaded and leaving town[/img]

Frozen lake in the Sierras

[/img]Reflections on Mono Lake.

Arriving in Death Valley.

[/img] Saline Valley road 100 miles of sand washes and rocks and washboards.

Taking a break keep hydrated Justin! it's getting hot!

[/img]Oops! too much speed, too much sand.

Yucca forest

Day 3 Titus canyon.

[/img]
[/img]Look out! trail boss!
Titus Canyon.

[/img]Tiger in it's elementhttp://i45.photobucket.com/album ... 0_0334.jpg[/IMG]Day 4 it's been Great! lets get out of here!
[/img]The bikes
Area 51?
[/img]Cold and windy
Almost home[/img]

Thanks for looking
Toby

DirtBiker

Ok, so I missed our parting shot sorry that the thread is kind of choppy I,m not to savvy yet

[/img]Lets head out! Great trip Will be heading back there again we hit only half of what we wanted to and only a fraction of the whole park! Anybody coming out? need a guide?  :qgreenjumpers

fano

Looks fun. I have to check it out sometimes. Let me know when you go next time.  :mrgreen:

HappyMan

Looked like a great ride.  Can't beat getting out with your son on a trip.  Memories he'll never forget.

Love the picture of the Tigger on her side and the little midget strapped on..... :roll:  :ImaPoser
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HockleyBoy

Nice report and pics. Looks like a great place to ride. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport