News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dropped it already :(

Started by sagalout, August 05, 2007, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

Quote from: "sagalout"Re the handguards - I've seen some people have put GS ones on - are these a straight fit?  They look like better quality plastic than the triumph ones so might just replace both.

I put BMW handguards on and they just bolt on. They protect the levelers much better.

Advwannabe

That Dakar decal is the biz Fano  8)

Is the BMW handguard thing a worthwhile mod? The only time I have an issue with the Triumph ones is when tree branches are pushing them back onto my hands.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

fano

Well, for one reason or another, I drop my bike a bit and BMW hand guards did perform quite good. My levelers would be gone by now. :oops:

William Reber

:lol: Droped my tiger over slipping in a pile of dog poo while I was trying to back down a ramp. Now not all can claim or want to claim that one !

benh

Do the BMW handguards work with a Throttlemeister?

fano

Quote from: "benh"Do the BMW handguards work with a Throttlemeister?
I am not sure about a Throttlemeister but they work with rubber "O"ring  :mrgreen:

blacktiger

Fano....Do they mount to where the stock Tiger handguards mount or do they attach further down on the bars?  Dropped my bike this weekend and am looking at my options for changing out the scuffed up handguard.  Had I planned on taking this detour, I would have left the side cases at home.....

Thanks,
Coleman

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

fano

Quote from: "coleman"Fano....Do they mount to where the stock Tiger handguards mount or do they attach further down on the bars?  Dropped my bike this weekend and am looking at my options for changing out the scuffed up handguard.  Had I planned on taking this detour, I would have left the side cases at home.....

Thanks,
Coleman

They mount further down on the bars - about 1 inch from the bar clamps and the other mounting point are the bar ends.

abruzzi

Quote from: "fano"
Quote from: "benh"Do the BMW handguards work with a Throttlemeister?
I am not sure about a Throttlemeister but they work with rubber "O"ring  :mrgreen:

The end attaches with the screw on the outside of the bar ends right?  I suspect that would interwere with the turning of the throttlemiester.  (correct me if I'm wrong, but with the TM, the entire bar end turns, right?)

Instead, they might work better with this one:

http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merchant ... OKO_TIG955

Geof

TigerTrax

Lifting a big bike....

ALWAYS carry 2 tie down straps!!!

To Lift:
Take a tie down strap and hook one end down low near front / side
of engine.
Turn your back to bike at about 45? angle directly above where you hooked the tie down.
Squat down.... about 3/4; Take up slack in tie down and pull over you
inside shoulder; hold tight; stand up. ( Yelling helps )

Sometimes, tying off your front wheel straight ahead will help.
Use 'tail' of strap to hold front brake lever in.

Once you've finished ...... you'll remember what a guy in Arkansas says,
" Never ride a bike into the woods ..... that you can't carry!"
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

waltconrad

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "pizzaman383"So, what's your method?  I've got a bad back already.  I've picked it up mostly by myself and while it didn't knock my back out it did strain it a bit.

I read an amusing article in the New York Times recently about how HD is targetting female riders with informational settings.  One thing covered was lifting you bike up after a drop.  They suggested squatting with your back to the bike and lifting with your legs.  Don't know how well that would work on a taller bike like the tiger, but right now my legs dont work so good:

Geof
you must have fun at the airport security checkpoint.
"Love means never having to say your sorry." Richard M. Nixon.

TigerTrax

Hey guys..
Always carry 2 tie-down straps..

If you drop your bike; Hook a tie down low towards front of engine; With
your back to the handlebars, drape strap up your back and over shoulder;
Squat down, take up slack; Stand up!

One can pick up a full tilt 'old Goldwing' doing this.

Oh.... 2nd strap?  To tie your Tiger down in a trailer if you can't ride it home!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

real men can pick up their MANly STEAMERS anytime they want ! nyuk nyuk nyuk  :ImaPoser

JetdocX

Yeah, what mustang just said!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

fano

Girlies must weight more. :lol: