News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by Stretch, May 19, 2008, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Stretch"Stolen from a similar thread on ADVrider...

All of that looks promising, but........

In the test the wheel doesn't experience bad roads. The constant bouncing due to the road surface will dislocate the beads and cancel out the balancing effect IMHO...

On a side note: since these ceramic beads are not available from that supplier in Germany I would consider metal ball bearing beads to try out this thing. But since my spoked wheels have to have tubes here (official regs - crap!!) how would those beads affect the tube itself? Note: the tube not the tire...  :wink:

Cheers,
HG
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Stretch"Those who are still not convinced should also watch this one...

Check... Balls ordered...  :lol:
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

DirtBiker

I have those in all my cars but I didn't think they would fit in a tube I guess i'll try it today.

BTW in our subaru they have been installed for about two years I have never rotated tires and there is no unusual wear. they work tire shops don't like um becuase you don't have to go in for thier "free" tire rotation and then stick it to you on shocks, alignment, ect. ect.

thanks for waking me up Stretch!

Stretch

Quote from: "DirtBiker"thanks for waking me up Stretch!

Just a little practical joke among friends.  :mrgreen:

Dynabeads will fit in an innertube with straight valve stems.  Just remove the valve core and pour in the beads.  The applicator available from Dynabeads is a small squeeze bottle with a short length of clear vinyl tubing... just screw the tubing onto the valve stem and pour the beads from the squeeze bottle.

As far as bad roads dislocating the beads... perhaps so, but that would be only a temporary anomaly, yes?  In a split-second, the centrifugal force of the spinning wheel would redistribute the beads to their rightful place?

This is theory and conjecture on my part.  I do ride on washboarded gravel roads and worse, but if the wheels are unbalanced due to the rough road, I certainly can't feel it over all the rest of the roughness.

HappyMan

Yes, I put them in my DR650 tubed tires.  No problem.  I'm thinking of putting them in my pop up camper.  It's not totally necessary to balance trailer tires but it does keep things from vibrating to pieces inside the trailer.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com