News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Question time

Started by kenny junior, August 05, 2016, 12:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 10, 2016, 07:03:17 PM
I know where you've been going wrong, don't look in the Adult & SM section of Ebay  :XXcomputer

Also handy for assembling O rings, hyd piston and lip seals.

Does it help in lubing up sticky pistons? My rear calipers dont release as effectively as it should lately and needs a service, possibly a rebuild or replacement.

Sin_Tiger

It might, depends how good or bad your seals are.

Do as I suggested above, push out as far as you can, good scrub up, lube and push them ALL the way back again. Often that'll give you a better lever as well. Just watch out for overspill.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

kenny junior

I have never done wheel alignment before as i came from the belt driven Harley world, does the below look like i am on the right track?

So i sort of had undo fever last night, the main thing i was doing was checking valve clearances but after stripping it all down i realised i didn't have a spark plug socket that fits :BangHead. If i have a couple which are out of tolerance, where is best to get shims?

Now i am;
checking and adjusting valve clearances
new spark plugs
new ignition coils
clutch slave cylinder rebuild
air filter
cleaning carbs
fixing my gunked up fuel tap that drips so slow on reserve it cuts out
front sprocket
fork oil & seals
throttle cable

Should run nicely after all that

Sin_Tiger

Try your nearest Honda workshop is the best bet once you've figured out which shims you need.

If you're lifting the cams rather than using the bucket tool, make sure you jam the chain at the drive sprocket to stop it dropping off.

Use a mirror or small camera when washing the tank out to get all the crud in the corners. You'll be amazed at how much white powder and fine rust collects in there.

I can't see alignment being any different than what you're use to, you look like being on the right track, pardon the pun  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

kenny junior

threepot

You changing the camchain? What's the mileage?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

kenny junior

No I'm leaving the cam chain. I was checking clearances on the valves and all are within tolerance so I can leave the cams alone. Bikes done 22k miles

kenny junior

Ignition coils changed and new tyres on due to wall cracking. Gone for bridgestone battlewing 501/2's and the wobble has stopped  :wings

threepot

What coils did you buy?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

They're listed as Nology? Were they? If so,thats a good price. My bike still has a little trace of hesitation after changing plugs,New coils,and even using my Daytonas igniter. I'm thinking it could be the crank sensor? It's fine until I stop. Then I notice it occasionally after :icon_scratch:  But the crank sensor is off my Daytona,which I replaced a few years ago,and hasn't done a lot of miles.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

kenny junior

They had precisely no markings on which isn't helpful to you. Maybe yours just doesn't like stopping, likes the open road etc.

threepot

Quote from: kenny junior on August 31, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
They had precisely no markings on which isn't helpful to you. Maybe yours just doesn't like stopping, likes the open road etc.
I've already bought 'new' coils,from Sprint Manufacturing. They were advertised as Gill,but turned up as Lucas! Thats why I asked if yours are too?
95 Super111
96 Tiger