News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road Trip Prep

Started by cbxtc6, May 05, 2008, 08:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "snakebasket"I fitted a modified early style KLR bashplate, nowhere near as good as a Touratech etc, but £5 off ebay and with a bit of work can be fitted using the original Triumph fittings

Pics?
Bruin\'

snakebasket

bash plate photo , fits to existing 3 mounts for Triumph plate

zombie

I did the prudhoe bay trip last summer on my tiger.
No Need for a ton of spares , camelback is the way to go and keep sipping water as your moving along.
Take your time on the dalton and you'll have no probs , keep your tire inflated properly . I haven't had to change my brake pads yet, and go to dawson city and the top of the world highway as it's a fun trip.

Steps

I have an '01 and was told that you have to remove the tank to replace the clutch cable.  One piece of advice I received was to run the replacment cable before the trip, zip-tying to the existing cable.  If the old cable goes... you just switch it up right quickly. :)

I never did this but it sounded like a good idea.
\'01 Tiger - Black

\'01 Bonneville

\'76 Sportster

\"Life does not stop and start for your convenience, you miserable piece of shit\"

Stretch

I've heard of other long-distance riders doing that trick.  I haven't done it either, but it's quite the clever idea.

There is the chance that the spare cable could be in that position, unused, for years, so be sure to lube it when you lube the in-service cable, to avoid the spare from gumming up with corrosion.

iansoady

I used to do that with my trials bike - if you lubricate it well then put plastic bags over the ends & tape them up they'll be fine.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650