News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by digitalcaptive, May 26, 2008, 02:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalcaptive

Hi all,
After a month of first CBT, then Theory test and 14 hrs of intensive instruction I passed my bike test last week, I'd always fancied a Tiger but wondered if I might be biting off a bit more than I could chew!!!, well having owned my 2003 955i for a week I can gladley say the answer is no.
Although I've had a minor mishap (dropped it at an adversly cambered junction, although more of a lowered gently to the ground kind of drop!) I managed to escape without any damage at all (lucky or what!!) Over all I've found the Tiger very forgiving for my inexperience, as long as you remember that if you don't respect its weight and power it'll bite you on the ass. My first run out was to see family on the Lincolshire coast a 240 mile round trip with plenty of A roads from leicester to just past Lincoln but then some quite nice 'B' twisties from wragby into louth, by the return journey I was feeling much more comfortable on it and at ease with its control, I'm now sure I have absolutely chosen the right bike for me!!!

Cheers all Russ
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

TigerTrax

Nice Ride that Lucifer Orange......
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

digitalcaptive

Thanx, It really was my first choice of colour, It would be nice to pick up a matching top box at a reasonable price, maybe on ebay
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

Stretch

pit0rz

Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

noivson

Greetings and salutations!

Outstanding ride  :D

Of course I'm partial  :
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Jacqueslemac

Russ, it does look better without the top box, but they are useful!

HockleyBoy

Good choice and the best colour  :wink: .

The top box is really useful day to day, dosen't get in the way like the panniers do when filtering through traffic.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Yukon

Russ,  Beautiful bike.  Enjoy!

paulie

welcome aboard!

8)
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

digitalcaptive

Thanks for the comments guys
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki