News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So...does it exist??

Started by BikerDave, June 03, 2008, 03:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BikerDave

I love the look and sound of the 1050 Tiger, but I really don't need that much bike. I've been impatiently waiting for the rumored 675 Tiger's debut in hopes that it is exactly what I'm looking for. So...does it actually exist yet, does anyone have any sneak preview pictures, and is there an anticipated release date on them yet????  :?

tigerrider

only things I;'ve seen are the photoshop specials. Looks just like a 1050 really...will added rumors of a more off road version down the line.

Will BMW making the 800, I would not count on that ever happening.

abruzzi

Over on advrider there was a british member that claimed his dealer showed him an official letter from T that said that the 675 tiger would be out this fall in two versions: a 17/17 version similar to the 1050 and a 21/18 enduro version.  To be hones, it's rare that dealers know that much more than us, so I doubt his report is accurate.  Here is his post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=27

Geof

diggerT

Motorcycle News said last week a Tiger 675 would be released in June (now), when I was at my Triumph dealer on saturday they said they knew nothing about it. I don't believe them!!

abruzzi

yeah.  Keep in mind everyone was convinced that Triumph would release a larger twin (1500cc) cruiser last september.  Never happened.

Geof

CvPiper

In July news of a big twin (17-1800 cc) and the 675 Tiger will be released. to dealers.
I wouldn;t expect to take delivery on either until 09, btu they are on the way..........
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)

Mudhen

Quote from: "abruzzi"Over on advrider there was a british member that claimed his dealer showed him an official letter from T that said that the 675 tiger would be out this fall in two versions: a 17/17 version similar to the 1050 and a 21/18 enduro version.  To be hones, it's rare that dealers know that much more than us, so I doubt his report is accurate.  Here is his post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=27

Geof

Oh man I hope that's true...anyone looking for a very lightly used Steamer?  I'll throw in a Scrambler for free...  :lol:
\'96 Steamer

wasions

Quote from: "diggerT"Motorcycle News said last week a Tiger 675 would be released in June (now), when I was at my Triumph dealer on saturday they said they knew nothing about it. I don't believe them!!

Heh.  I was at my Triumph dealer's the other day.  They also sell Can-ams.  So I asked when they would be getting a Spyder ('cause the bride really likes it   :oops:  yeah, that's it) and they said, "In a week or so".  Just then, one of the techs brings out a black/silver to put in the showroom 'til the new owner picks it up.  What (the HECK) is up with THAT?
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

JetdocX

Quote from: "Mudhen"Oh man I hope that's true...anyone looking for a very lightly used Steamer?  I'll throw in a Scrambler for free...  :lol:

My Steamer keeps telling me it wants to be a parts bike...how much? :evil:
From parts unknown.

Mudhen

Quote from: "JetdocX"
Quote from: "Mudhen"Oh man I hope that's true...anyone looking for a very lightly used Steamer?  I'll throw in a Scrambler for free...  :lol:

My Steamer keeps telling me it wants to be a parts bike...how much? :evil:

$9k with the free Scrambler.  :roll:
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"My Steamer keeps telling me it wants to be a parts bike...how much? :evil:
your steamer is already a parts bike . It just wants some more parts thrown at it !
sorry couldn't resist !
Try supporting two old steamers  :shock:

JetdocX

:cry:

$9K????  Priced that one to move didn't ya. :P
From parts unknown.

Mudhen

Quote from: "JetdocX":cry:

$9K????  Priced that one to move didn't ya. :P

:lol:

Can you tell how much I want to get rid of it?

Once the 675 Tiger Adventure is parked in the garage I'll give the thing away...but I went on a big dual sport ride a couple weekends ago and fell in love with her all over again.  Man I love my Steamer...
\'96 Steamer

BikerDave

Just visited my dealer yesterday and asked if he had heard anything on the 675 Tiger.........he denies such a thing exists and claims that Triumph hasn't even considered one......go figure??? I think he just wants to sell me a 1050!!

Stretch

Triumph dealers also deny Dreaded Alternator Rattle and Sprague Clutch Failure.