News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

USA Lane splitting/filtering.

Started by Anonymous, June 14, 2008, 11:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Is there somewhere that I can find out which States allow lane splitting/filtering and which don't?
Visiting again soon and would like to stay legal........mostly. I got some ...er....interesting reactions when doing this in Washington state last year. One crazy woman was actually leaning out of her car window (whilst still driving along at 20mph) shouting at me "YOU'RE THE REASON SO MANY BIKERS GET KILLED". I shouted back "BEEN RIDING LIKE THIS FOR 30 YEARS AND NEVER KILLED ANYONE YET". I guess that's one of the States where it's NOT allowed?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

ThreePutt

I think it's only allowed in California.  Doing it anywhere else may very well get you killed.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Stretch

CA's the only place I've heard of where it's allowed.

Mustang

ditto , california is the only place I know of where lane splitting is "legal"
in NH you will earn about a $140 fine and pts.on your license and then your insurance goes up ...................