News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

high fender for steamers

Started by aeronca, June 16, 2008, 11:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

i wanted me a high fender for the steamer(cause they rule!), so i went over to  the sheet metal shop at work and fab'ed up a bracket and some spacers. what do you think?  i sent the template over to stretch, so he's now the steamer man.

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "aeronca".
EPIC FAIL !
wheres the pics ?

aeronca

i think i fixed it :oops: oh yea, the last one is my tiger giving birth :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

no this is fixed ..... :ImaPoser
Quote from: "aeronca"i wanted me a high fender for the steamer(cause they rule!), so i went over to  the sheet metal shop at work and fab'ed up a bracket and some spacers. what do you think?  i sent the template over to stretch, so he's now the steamer man.

aeronca

man, how did you fix that?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Quote from: "aeronca"i sent the template over to stretch, so he's now the steamer man.

It's a very nicely made piece, but I don't have a sheet metal brake to put those bends in it.  I'm going to have to continue with the bracket I've been using for the Girlies.  

Mudhen tried one out, and he says it fits well, so I need to stock up on brake lines (two full-length front brake lines will be required on a Steamer).

Stay tuned.

Mustang

you had too many img tags and needed a carraige return between each pic

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch", so I need to stock up on brake lines (two full-length front brake lines will be required on a Steamer).

Stay tuned.

Why he asks ?

aeronca

i can fix a $60,000,000.00 airplane, but i dont have a god damn clue what you guy's just said :shock: any way, thanks guy's for helping me post those pics :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Man that bikes entirely too clean. (I like the blinker, though)

Is it a '95?

I like the fender - it'll look even better once you get some TKCs!   :wink:
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Stretch", so I need to stock up on brake lines (two full-length front brake lines will be required on a Steamer).

Stay tuned.

Why he asks ?

Well, at first I thought my kit wouldn't work with the stock junction block under the triple tree.  Mudhen has one of my brackets and fenders on his Steamer, but he had already changed his front hoses over to dual full-length front hoses, eliminating the front hose junction block.  He has, however, verified that my kit will indeed fit a Steamer's front end.  I guess the only question now is the front brake hose routing.

But then looking at these photos, it seems mine may fit with the stock brake line routing (with the junction block in place).  

What say you, Eric?  Any fitment issues with the fender backet and junction block?  Or did you remove the junction block and go with dual full-length front hoses?

I guess I also need a measurement from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the top of your bracket (the height of spacers I'll need to machine).

Maybe my kit can be used on Steamers with no need for additional brake lines and related parts.  That would make the kit cheaper and easier to install (than the Girly kit).

I really do like the design and shape of the bracket you sent me, but there's no way I can duplicate it (cheaply), as I would need a sheet metal brake to make those bends.

aeronca

when i fit my bracket i was sure i was going to need two brake lines, and i think two would be better. but after a couple o beer's, and some good old yankee ingenuity(called being cheap), i loosened the banjo fittings and repositioned the lines to face as far back as possible and they seem to be just fine - no kinks or chaffing, and plenty of slack, no replacement needed. you defenetly need a 2.0 or 1.8 inch spacer from the bracket to the tripple clamp to give enough space for the fairing and the brake line junction block.

the only reason i put so many compound bends in mine(bracket) is i was afraid of flex, but after a 1000 miles at 70+ on the highway, i dont think they are needed, just one on the rear to fit the back, plus im not sure what fender you use. i used the acerbics teknic two piece.
p.s.my blinker is a mudhen special :P
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

That's a purty blue steamer there!  When you gonna decorate it with some dirt? :lol:  :lol:

And don't go alone.  You may need someone to help you when you get it sleepy on the down side of a steep hill.  DAMHIK!
From parts unknown.

aeronca

im getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of tkc's. i was thinking about the trail wings also, but tkc's are cool!!!. and your right, it is a 95' mudhen.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

I hate the trailwings I have on my bike right now.  Stole them off the Scrambler when I put Karoo's on it...and can't wait to get rid of them.  HATE how they feel on turn-in.  It's like I have to work to get the bike into a turn and stay in the turn.

(That may just be my inexperience with regular tires, though.  The last 50k miles I've ridden have been on some sort of knobby (out of the 60k I've ridden in my life)).
\'96 Steamer