News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel milage; what's your's?

Started by aeronca, June 22, 2008, 11:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

so here's the question: in today's rising fuel prices, what do you get on average for milage? my 95' steamer gets about 38 to 40 mile to the gallon and i usualy run her at 70 -75 mph.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

swamper650

2002  Girly, 30K on the odo. Just had  valves done, new fuel filter, air filter, plugs and throttle bodies put in synch..Also had the latest  updated Triumph stock tune downloaded.  Just returned from a 2500 mile romp in the mountains of Georgia and Tennesse, with a hi of 50 mpg.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

Mudhen

I was getting around 30mpg on the highway...typically running 80mph or so.  Changed out my emulsion tubes and I'm up to 35mpg.  That's on my '96 with 45k miles...17/48 sprockets.

Just put on a 19 tooth, though...hopefully it will boost it up some.
\'96 Steamer

stook

2006 with stock sprockets, exhaust & map. I get 50 mpg whether I'm doing 75 on a freeway, working it through hills & curves on a 2-lane or moving slowly up & down fire roads in 2nd & 3rd gear. I can pretty much count on 50 no matter what, but I've never really seen better than 50 come to think of it.

And yes, before someone points it out - I probably do ride "conservatively." By that I mean that I am not always at full throttle every time I want to accelerate or if I want to get launched from a stop. But, I am certainly not above lighting it off when a suitable opportunity presents itself, of course.   :roll:

HockleyBoy

05 Girly with 19k on the clock, standard sprockets and fule mapping. I do a mix of commuting, hooning around and touring and seem to get a steady 50mpg.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

abruzzi

my 03 Girly got 48-50mpg no matter how or where I rode it.

Geof

TigerTrax

Interesting..

STOCK  '06 Tiger; Fat 6'5" rider 240 lbs...
                     Ride 70-75 mph: 45mpg
                     Ride 80 - 90 mph: 40 mpg

I've hit 48 mpg ONCE;

19T or 17T front sprocket: Std 17T front sprocket gave BEST mileage!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

tcbezza

My 05 Tiger has 19000 miles on the clock and is completely stock.

I have been recording fuel consumption over the last 16K miles and it is averaging 50 MPG over this time. I can get as low as 43 when being energetic and as high as 55 /56 on a long lazy ride or when touring.

Don't forget I am talking imperial gallons and there is 1.2 US gallons to an imperial gallon.

One observation I have is that if I buy fuel from cheap (Supermarket) fuel stations I can see a difference in fuel consumption, typically in the region of 3 MPG less.
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

RickV

`99 Tiger is stock, except for K&N air filter & 45 sprocket instead of a 46.  I get 40 (+/- 2).

benh

I've been tracking my mileage since I bought the bike new.  2006 Girly, currently with around 11k on the clock, bone stock with respect to emissions, drive train and engine.  

My worst mileage to date is 37 mpg, best is 52 mpg and I've averaged 44 mpg so far.  The bulk of that riding is with 10% ethanol gas, and with, er, enthusiastic acceleration and 75-85 average highway speeds.

Windblast

Got low of 48 and high of 57 on recent trip in Colorado at elevations of 5000 to 11,000 ft. Completely stock 2005.

droopydawg

07 Roadie.  50-60 MPG, routinly, commuting.  Trip'in, I get an average on the 70s. My gauges can tell me this instantaniously. close to a 5 gal tank.

Mudhen

Quote from: "droopydawg"07 Roadie.  50-60 MPG, routinly, commuting.  Trip'in, I get an average on the 70s. My gauges can tell me this instantaniously. close to a 5 gal tank.

\'96 Steamer

Digger3

06 Girly with aftermarket pipe and tune:  44mpg on my normal spirited rides

I have about 5 tunes I load with Tuneboy ranging from stock pipe tune to a very aggressive tune.

Seems with stock setup and tune it was around 50-51 ish, but I didn't leave it there long.  A slight tweak to that tune to get rid of the "hunting" at low/no throttle settings dropped it to about 48.

Going to offroad pipe and Triumph offroad tune (current setup) gets about 44-45.

My most agressive tune for optimum power gets me about 38-39, lots of fun but it hurts at the pump.......
Rage Against Age

pit0rz

03 with TOR and tune.  40-42 commuting, slightly better on longer 'spirited' rides.  Almost got 50 on my first  decent length trip loaded up with the luggage on...
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci