News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1050 Fuel Filter

Started by Ian Bungy, July 23, 2008, 03:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Bungy

Hi Guys,
I am New to this Forum. I live in Thailand and have a 07 Tiger 1050. The Guy who services my Bike suggested i should try and get an Aftermarket Fuel Filter for my Tiger as the original is incorporated with the Fuel Pump therefore very Expensive. I can get an Original from New Zealand for NZ$700 which is quite a lot for a Fuel Filter? I have done just over
11.000 kms so far so my Question to all you 1050 Owners are:
1, How often should you change Filters?
2, Any alternative to the Original Pump/Filter option?
I will post some Photo's of my bike later. Thanks for your Help in advance. :D
Cheers Ian.

blacktiger

First up I run a 955i Tiger so this might not apply to your 1050.
But, the fuel filter on mine can be bought for less than half the price at a BMW dealer. Yep! You read it right! BMW bits cheaper than Triumph bits. £33 from Triumph. Around £15 from BMW. :?
Actually the part in question is a "Mahle KL145" and so is a "bought in" part for both marques. Just seems that BMW have the more efficient parts supply.

Now, although the filter is "incorporated" into the fuel pump, it can be changed. You don't have to buy the pump as well. Is that what you were told? Anyway, it should be renewed every 12000 miles (20000kms?)
HTH
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Ian Bungy

Hi blacktiger,
Thanks for that info. Now i have to find out if the 1050 Tiger is the same unit as the 955i ? On the www.tiger1050.com Site i was told it is a Lifetime Unit and Never needs Replacing??? I will have to do some more checking into it? Thanks again. :D
Cheers Ian.
Cheers Ian.