News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Multistrada Test Ride

Started by ZANO, April 22, 2004, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZANO

I had an opturnity to test ride a Ducati Multistrada last weekend.  Let's just say I was underwhelmed!!!

The only high point was the handleing.  I carved corners like a scaple.  To be honest the more road biased Scorpion tires might have something to do with that.

To be fare I am 6'3" and weigh 235lbs. so some smaller guys might have a better feel for this bike.

Here is my grocery list of complaints:

1) The mirrors are usless!!! you can't see anything behind you out of either.

2) The seat!! You have got to be kidding me, the stock Tiger seat isn't perfect (my corbin is awesome) but this thing was a joke!!

3) Engine  O.K. I'm a little biased to the Triumph triple but on a bike like this you should be able lug it down below 3K.  No way on this bike, below 4K the bike felt like I was ridding a paint shacker.  And you have to shift it alot to keep it in the sweet spot.  as for power it ran out of pull @ 112 MPH (My tiger is still pulling hard @ 120mph without any mods). But it does sound cool.

4) Styling  This thing is really uglyfrom the front!!!   I just cannot find any redeaming qualities the styling at all.

IMHO the Duc is a long suspension sport bike and really shouldn't even be compared to any of the Adventure Tourers.  But I had to give it a go.

I think this bike would really kick butt on the track but I'll keep my Tiger for everything else.

Bill