News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

900, 900i v 955i Tiger

Started by BP_LONDON, April 25, 2004, 10:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

The 955i is obviously the best engine of all, but what's the 900i like? Does it have any of the flat-spots I've read about in other forums? I'm just doing a bit of research to try to find  out wether the slightly older models are worth considering as a first triumph tiger for me.

Regards

madmax

8) ive had no flat spots on mine. it goes like stink.go for it.

Chris Canning

I had two 900i's(the first one went bang after 6 weeks) neither had a flat spot although if you put the race can on and remove the square collector box(you have to) then you'll trade some torque for extra horsepower,i  always felt the 900i was always short of the latter and the way i disguised it was by running a 19 tooth front sprocket so it wasn't gasping so much at the top end.

What knackered me !!! was as soon as i rode a 955 i sold the 900i literally on the spot,but it was more than good enough to trip around Europe at a decent pace!!!!.

Chris