News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

E OBD 2

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 19, 2008, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Just bought one of these from Fleabay.  Comes with loads of freeware to choose from, along with a USB to Serial adapter and connector cable.  I used one of the multi-use programs and downloaded data from the Tigger at first attempt.  Manual tells me I can re-cal the speedo,  read fault codes and erase them and much much more.  Lots to play with this weekend!!! :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

abruzzi

I'll bite--any more specific info?  Pics? Prices?

I know the Triumph tool is $1500, and Tuneboy is ~$450.  I hadn't heard of alternatives.

Geof

JetdocX

Can you fiddle with the fuel map?
From parts unknown.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "abruzzi"I'll bite--any more specific info?  Pics? Prices?

I know the Triumph tool is $1500, and Tuneboy is ~$450.  I hadn't heard of alternatives.

Geof

Not very expensive on ebay it appears:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELM327-USB-Fault-Code-Reader-E-OBD-2-Scanner-Diagnostic_W0QQitemZ260274738009QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260274738009&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I think I will invest in one!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Silverstripes

I'm interested.

Willthe interface plg fit and is the diagnostics protocol compliant with Triumph.

Does it work with the Tiger ?? and what can you change with it.

Bixxer Bob

Answers as far as I can provide:

Using the lead supplied and generic software (there's a lot of car-specific softeware included but nothing for purly Triumph) you can access the daignostics, but no - you can't remap anything.  I believe you can read and cancel fault codes, re-cal your speedo, and lots of other stuff, but this isn't the same as Tuneboy,  primarily it's for reading faults stored in your ECU.  So far I've successfully connected to the Tiger but not done anything more; I'll post more once I've had a bit of a play.  Meanwhile, this is the sort of things it's supposed to do:

http://www.myscantool.com/
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

REGULATOR

Try this,  you can down load the tuneboy software for Free,   then see if it will connect to the bike with the cable you have...  if so then all you need to do is get the unlock code for 100 bucks or so...

Sasquatch

I went home and hooked up my ebay special CAN OBDII reader (handheld) up to my 01 and I'll be darned it worked.  I was able to get active data display and trouble codes (none were there).  Nice find.

Bixxer Bob

Think I might have started something here..... :roll:

blacktiger

Can't see the point since my Triumph has never gone wrong and is NEVER going to go wrong........... :roll:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

I admire your confidence there.  I used to feel like that about my Blackbird until the alternator windings fried after 7 years and 53,000 miles.

As with all gadgets though,  need comes low on the list.  It's more about getting access to stuff because you can.  And the knowledge picked up along the way.  

Also,  since this is a universal standard,  I can plug into either of the two cars we own.  If I'd had it a month ago I'd have saved my wife £150 when the warning lamp on her car came on.  Turned out to be a seat belt tensionor connector issue.  Easily and quickly fixed, but without the ability to read the codes it was a garage job.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Also,  since this is a universal standard,  I can plug into either of the two cars we own.  If I'd had it a month ago I'd have saved my wife £150 when the warning lamp on her car came on.  Turned out to be a seat belt tensionor connector issue.  Easily and quickly fixed, but without the ability to read the codes it was a garage job.

Since you put it like that, where do I get one? :oops:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob