News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nissins versus Brembo's

Started by monty, September 04, 2008, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

What is the difference on these brakes.  The Speed Triple has the Brembo's.  Are they supposed to be better than the Nissin's?
Bill Montgomery

paulie

Quote from: "monty"What is the difference on these brakes.  The Speed Triple has the Brembo's.  Are they supposed to be better than the Nissin's?

better at marketing maybe.

i've never heard of failures or heard anyone badmouth either brand, so who knows. i know i certainly dont  :twisted:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

monty

I haven't either, Paulie.  Just seemed curious that Triumph opted for the Brembo's on one bike yet put the Nissin's on most of the others.  Maybe they knew something I didn't.  Thanks for replying
Bill Montgomery

CvPiper

They are mainly fitted for the brand name. Brembo is a premium brand that clients like to see on bikes.

I have ridden our demo, and there is a massive difference in braking, the Brembos are amazingly powerful, sometimes they feel too much.
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)

monty

Quote from: "CvPiper"They are mainly fitted for the brand name. Brembo is a premium brand that clients like to see on bikes.

I have ridden our demo, and there is a massive difference in braking, the Brembos are amazingly powerful, sometimes they feel too much.
I also testroad the Speed Triple and the brakes seemed to be much more active.  I almost bought a Sprint with OEM raised handlebars and taller windscreen but changed my mind at the last minute and bought the Tiger.  I live in Texas and 100 degrees is not that uncommon this time of the year.  In testdriving the Sprint felt like my legs were in an oven.  Take care.
Bill Montgomery

abruzzi

I have a 06 Speed Triple that has the Nissins.  They are very good brakes and according to one magazine test was the fastest stopping bike they ever tested.  That said, the first year of the current gen bikes (2005) had a recall because the brakes felt squishy--too much lever travel.  It didn't seem to affect the braking, but people didn't like the feel.  Mine never had the problem, and I don't know what the fix entailed, but that may have been another reason to go Brembo on the S3--to ensure that the reputation from the 05 wasn't carried over.

Since it didn't affect other models, they never acquired the reputation.

Geof

ramseybella

My question is can one fit Brembos on a 1050 Tiger?