News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Floating Bridge

Started by Mustang, September 04, 2008, 11:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

This morning Mrs. Mustang said " Why don't we follow that gps thingy and see where it takes us "
So here we go , I set it to avoid hiways and take the scenic route to Brookfield VT . After intentionally taking a few wrong turns to get us on some serious back roads  , we had a nice little 200 mile round trip  .
Here's an old barn that caught my eye

Had lunch on the NH VT border and then a few miles of vermont's rt 14 and some wrong turns on purpose and we have about 15 miles of gravel before we get to the bridge ! :mrgreen:

Bummer when we arrive at the bridge it is closed .

Mrs Mustang said " I'm glad , now you can't make me ride over it " :ImaPoser
she did check it out though .........

Here are some pics from when you really used to be able to drive / ride  over the bridge ....

Here's my buddy crossing the bridge on his Tbird sport a few years ago , you had to be gentle on the throttle going up the ramp on the far side . The wood was super slick and the back end would step out real easy .
The bridge would actually sink from the weight of the car up to about the middle of the rim , the bike not so much maybe half the tire . :shock:
The local story is that years ago when they were building I 89 a bulldozer took the short cut over the bridge , got about halfway across and the bridge started to sway and tipped the dozer right into the lake  .  :ImaPoser

On the way home not to far from the bridge we found this ...............

Only in Vermont .... :ImaPoser

HockleyBoy

Looks like a good day out  through some nice countryside. I make Mrs Mustang right though, wouldn't fancy trying to get the Tiger over that bridge with wet slippery wood underneath!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport