News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph USA is starting to get on my nerves

Started by Cos, September 10, 2008, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Quote from: "abruzzi"Seems like you're in the same vicinity as JetdocX, and he needs (wants) a new tiger...

Geof

I've ridden Cos' Girly (and worked on it) and the ergos don't work for me.  I'd like to have that engine, though. :wink:

Know what, Cos?  All this is the moto-gods way of telling you that you should stay. :D
From parts unknown.

Cos

Ergos shmergos...ya wussy  :lol:

You back in town?

JetdocX

Back tonight and headed over the hill until Friday.  Back this weekend and I'm playing Dad.  Wanna go riding?  Short ride due to young kid. :lol:
From parts unknown.

GatorTiger

Hi cos!

Welcome to the big EU bureaucracy... I have another one for you (not sure if you are aware of it...  :twisted: )

If you plan to be in Cypres more then 6 months this might be of interest: EU Stuff

Check Article 8 Para 6... I'm going through that notion right now, trying not to have to hand in my US license... One way out would be to go through a complete MC DL course, which would run me about $1400 extra just for the mandatory crap (driving lessons LOL!!!!, fees, etc...).

Once you are settled and you plan on visiting Hamburg, let me know!!! You got a place to stay in that case!!  :wink:

Cheers,
HG
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

Cos

Thanks  :D

I don't know WTF we were thinking when we joined the EU. You can bet i'll do whatever i can to keep my US license though.

Now, kiddies, on to new exciting things. Went out and test rode a 12 GS and a 990 Katoom yesterday. I wasn't expecting to like the 990 the way i did.  :lol:

fano

Quote from: "Cos"Thanks  :D

I don't know WTF we were thinking when we joined the EU. You can bet i'll do whatever i can to keep my US license though.

Now, kiddies, on to new exciting things. Went out and test rode a 12 GS and a 990 Katoom yesterday. I wasn't expecting to like the 990 the way i did.  :lol:
Oh no. You are screwed. After I rode my friends 990, I knew I have to have one. Good luck!

Cos

Quote from: "fano"
Quote from: "Cos"Thanks  :D

Oh no. You are screwed. After I rode my friends 990, I knew I have to have one. Good luck!

See, i don't know if i'm going to see enough dirt to get the Katoom. The GS is probably a bit better on the street...i think. The KTM was sure snatchy on and off the throttle. Fixable, i know.

Shit, i hate having options.  :lol:

Cos

Same problem with the KTM. Non-compatible  :BangHead

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Cos"Same problem with the KTM. Non-compatible  :BangHead

Is getting a bike over here not an option for you?
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

Cos

Quote from: "GatorTiger"
Quote from: "Cos"Same problem with the KTM. Non-compatible  :BangHead

Is getting a bike over here not an option for you?

It is, it's just that they're a bit cheaper here. I'll double-check on the Beemers. If that's not an option, i'll get something when we get back there. I just don't like the idea of being bikeless.

JetdocX

I have to believe that someone on that sunny Mediterrainian island has a nice used bike for sale for a great price and none of the headaches you are dealing with right now. :D

FWIW, I don't think the BMW's imported to the US meet EU specs either.
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"I have to believe that someone on that sunny Mediterrainian island has a nice used bike for sale for a great price and none of the headaches you are dealing with right now. :D

FWIW, I don't think the BMW's imported to the US meet EU specs either.

Looks like that's probably the way to go, unless my dad digs something up i'm not aware of. It's just a pisser going there bikeless.

Stretch

Sorry to hear it, Bro.  But who knows?  Maybe you can find a Girly somewhere nearby.

Cos

Quote from: "Stretch"Sorry to hear it, Bro.  But who knows?  Maybe you can find a Girly somewhere nearby.

Thanks Stretch. It's been a pleasure hanging out with you guys.

JetdocX

That's it?  No tearful goodbyes?  No empty promises to keep in touch?

Geeze! :evil:
From parts unknown.