News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sooty plugs

Started by jafsteph, June 30, 2010, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jafsteph

Looking for some help, I have no. 1 cylinder ok, no.2 and3 are very sooty and were like this when I bought the bike.  My carbs are mikuni's, I have replaced the notorious air filter and new float bowl o rings, needle jets and emulsion tubes and I am running out of patience.  My fuel levels are all the same set at 14.5 and if all my settings are the same I am still getting the same result as when I first bought the bike.  If I replace the main jets on the no.2 and 3 to a 102 and left no.1 what type of performance would it give me and just run it would it do any harm if those pots are a bit rich.  p.s.The bike starts ok, revs freely right through the range and goes over all, pretty well just very sooty plugs. :cry:

Mustang

Quote from: "jafsteph"p.s.The bike starts ok, revs freely right through the range and goes over all, pretty well just very sooty plugs. :cry:
quit worrying about it and ride it . try turning the pilot mixture screws in so they are only 1 turn out and if it's running good quit frettting over the sooty plugs

nightrunner

Before you go into trial and error mods, I would 1) make sure the carbs are balanced, and 2) check the valve clearances.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

jafsteph

thanks guys for a quick responce
i'll try turning the mixer screw down to 1 and give it another run all it is i'm just being paranoid i go away to the pyraneese to play and i just dont want to be stripping my bike down to put new plugs in all the time

p.s. mrs jafsteph lol'd and just told me to ride and stop fiddling  :wink: