News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm baaaaack!

Started by AK Tiger, October 06, 2008, 05:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK Tiger

Back we go to July 30, 2004.  Returning from a 12K mile trip from Seward, Alaska to So Cal to Chicago and back.  Ninty miles past Fort Nelson, BC, a suicidal caribou gets his wish at my expense.  Score: One dead caribou, one dead Tiger, one slightly wounded rider.  I have only wonderful things to say about the RCMP, however.  Met a really great RCMP in Fort Nelson who went waay out of his way to help me.

Fast forward to today.  I retired from teaching in Alaska and moved to So Cal to be nearer to aging parents.  My dear wife allowed me to purchase another bike a couple of years ago, but it's a BMW K1200 LT.  In a twist of fate unknown outside of fairey tales, I ended up buying another Tiger ('05 Lucifer Orange) yesterday and riding it back from Phoenix.

Now I need to outfit it as my '02 was.  It's good to be back.  Looking forward to chating with y'all.  :D
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

HockleyBoy

Welcome back, a what a great choice of Tiger, best year and best colour. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

aeronca

right on, welcome back - do you have any plans on recreating that ride? keep us posted.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

AK Tiger

This next summer's plan is a 4 Corner Tour of the U.S. but that will be done on the Beemer as it's much more comfortable for SWMBO (she who must be obeyed).  The summer of '10 is a trip from So Cal to Prudhoe Bay to Key West and back to So Cal that will probably be done solo ... unless I can talk one you folks into riding along with me!  That's gonna be some fun!  

It also gives me some time to outfit the Tiger with some safety gear and long distance riding farkels to make the trip more enjoyable.

Another question.  Is Lucifer Orange faster than Roulette Green??
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

Stretch

All the old Triumph-Tiger dot com posts (anything older than August 2007) are still here, having been seamlessly integrated into the new format.  So as you dig deeper, you're sure to see some old familiar bits.

Glad to have you back in the fold.

TigerTrax

Lucifer Orange is very fast!

Much faster than 'snot green'.

But as BLACK leads the way, who really cares?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

FrostedFlake

His Lucifer Orange will probably gain at least 3 to 4 mph once he installs the center stand from my Caspian Blue speedster.   8)

Sorry Jerry, I'll refer all future center stand sales questions to you.   :wink:

QuoteHey Frosty....
If you get 2 requests.... send one my way!

TigerTrax