News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New tiger home.

Started by 08-OrangeTiger, October 18, 2008, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

08-OrangeTiger

Hi from western NY to anyone reading! Nice to find this site.
Got the 08 Tiger last Monday after reading about and looking at em for a couple of years. Its my fourth bike this year (yea I'm nuts). Its my girlfriends fault really since she bought a Buell Uylsses about when I sold my BMW Rockster and Husqvarna SM610, bought a Kawasaki Versys, which she promptly called her own! So there I was riding a fun but quirky, underpowerd Buell and stopped at Triumph of Buffalo...the rest, as they say, is history!

Few questions to those here "in the know": (1) Anyone try the taller seat? I'm 6ft6 and the bike is a bit short with the stock seat.
(2) Whats the optional exuast like, (power and sound), I read about Staintune too, am curious which you suggest.
(3) What do you think of the headlights for brightness?

Its only 31 degrees outside and I guess I need to write and read about bikes if I can't ride!

Ken.

pit0rz

Congrats on the new bike, a really sweet ride fo sho.  Now get the heated grips and a heated jacket liner and get out there!  :thumbsup
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

ChrisN

Ken,

Nice colour and you certainly made the right choice with the Tiger1050 !

Fit the Triumph Off-Road can with matching ECU tune. Loud, but not too loud, and apparently 5 or so extra bhp.
Chris

Stretch

Quote from: "pit0rz"get the heated grips and a heated jacket liner and get out there!  :thumbsup

Ditto.

JR11

Quote from: "08-OrangeTiger"Few questions to those here "in the know": (1) Anyone try the taller seat? I'm 6ft6 and the bike is a bit short with the stock seat.

Nice scoot, Ken.  Good question.  I've been checking out the tiger and wondered about overall height, too.  I'm 6'-6" as well.  May have to re-title this thread to get more responses.

Hey folks...how do tall guys set these bikes up?
Can the suspension be modified to increase the height?

JR

aeronca

sweet bike - welcome aboard. watch out - your girlfriend will steal the tiger from you next :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TigerTrax

HAd you been at teh West Virginia Tiger Ride-In this past June....
You would have met Chris from NC or Virginia..... he's about 6'8"
big guy! ( I'm 6'5" ) ....
He was riding a Vanilla 1050 with full luggage like most wish they could ride a 125cc dirt bike!

Very fast in the wiggggggles !

I stopped wondering if the bike would be suitable for a BIG person....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HockleyBoy

Nice bike, welcome aboard.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

haulin' daze

Congrats.

I smell a Tiger/Versys comparison thread coming soon...